Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crystal McLaughlin
Australia
WOLLONGONG
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have my storage solution sorted, especially for the dice. Though I played my first real serious games yesterday, where after each game I tweaked my team. I originally had all the cards sorted by number. I found that really didn't work. I now have them sorted out in their character sets, and grouped in energy types.
How is everyone else sorting and sorting their cards? What is working for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphabetical order. Easiest for quickly finding what I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto to alphabetical order. Then I have them by rarity's. For example, Black Widow is in the "B's" and her Super rare is the first of the 3 cards I see then the Rare then the common. I have mine in a 4 pocket ultra pro. I have lots of doubles, so I keep 2 copies per card per sleeve. My teams are sleeved in the binder. I have 4 teams made, actually my 3 kids have their three teams and I have mine. they are all sleeved in different color sleeves. All my Super Rares and Rares are in Red and Orange (i don't have yellow, yet) sleeves respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Feeser
U.S. Virgin Islands
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sort by sets and the sets are alphabetical, as are the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphabetical too but I sleeve each rarity of card differently. Easy to find the rares if they are in yellow sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Me
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried by collector number originally, but found it a pain too.
Now I've sorted:
starter set characters,
bolt energy characters,
fist energy
mask energy
shield energy

I sort the characters alphabetically within each category, then order them by rarity after that.

The only reason I kept the starter characters separate is because they have four cards each, so in a 9 card binder, I have two starter characters per page, and the other pages have 3 characters per page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sorted them in teams first (Xmen, Avengers, no affiliation, Villains), then alphabetically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I grouped all of the characters together last night and sorted them according to abilities:

WA: While Active (Nick Fury)
A: Attack bonus (Phoenix)
WB: When blocked bonus (Nightcrawler)
B: Blocking bonus (Beast)
DD: Direct Damage (Mjolner)
C: Control/Copy (Rogue)
E: Dice Engine (Gambit)

Some characters give the same sort of ability no matter what iteration of their card (common, uncommon, rare, etc). Some do not. So I made a stack of characters who have abilities that change traits listed above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in a 3x3 binder alphabetically by character then by rarity. So for the most part each character has a row with their common, uncommon, and rare. The starter characters have 4 cards though, so they end up taking up 2 rows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sorted them by # that itself sorts them by rarity and alphabetically. I have a card search DB so when I make a team I can look it up that way but seeing how the entire set is about 11 pages of cards no biggie looking through my binder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
i don't have them sorted. but i put each set of cards (like black widow, gg, whatever) and their corresponding dice in a plastic baggie. so i basically have a toolbox with 30 or so plastic bags(i have a complete set) and then i can just find the baggie i want and pull the card and dice i need for it. it is a bit harder to find initially but then having them together like that makes it really easy to use them once you do and to put them away as i will keep the baggies i am using in a separate compartment so that way i can just put everything back in seconds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My cards are group alphabetically. My hero dice are all tossed in one bucket and fished out with tweezers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bequette
United States
East Carondelet
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way cards should be sorted, in order of first appearances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.