7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] 3 to 7 taxing Haas (German Regionals 3rd) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jürgen Marx
msg tools
Hey there,

id like to introduce to you the deck that gave me 3rd (1st after 6 rounds of swiss) at the german regionals in Duesseldorf last weekend.

I played a Haas fast advance with a combo build in to go from 3 to 7 agenda points in one turn.

Identity:
Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core)

Total Cards: (49)
Agenda (11)

Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control #23) x2
Accelerated Beta Test (Core #55) x3
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus #51) x3
NAPD Contract (Double Time #119) x3

Asset (6)
Adonis Campaign (Core #56) x3
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves #15) x3 ■

ICE (12)
Eli 1.0 (Future Proof #110) x3
Quandary (Double Time #120) x1
Rototurret (Core #64) x2
Ichi 1.0 (Core #62) x2
Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control #19) x3
Wraparound (Fear and Loathing #96) x1 ■

Operation (18)
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static #70) x3
Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing #90) x2
Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts #34) x1 ■
Accelerated Diagnostics (Mala Tempora #52) x3
Biotic Labor (Core #59) x3
Interns (Mala Tempora #60) x2
Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora #58) x2 ■■
Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing #100) x1
Reclamation Order (Double Time #111) x1

Upgrade (2)
SanSan City Grid (Core #92) x2 ■■■

the decks strategy:

Your goal with this deck is quite simple:
Be taxing for the runner, slow him down that way, force him into expensive runs and fast advance to 3 points; then either go on with that or win by combo if available.
You dont need the combo to win, dont focus on it too hard.
Sometimes, you have to use your jacksons to secure agendas from archiv when flooded, which is quite fine because:
a) you can combo with two jacksons too, if having 2 accelerated diagnostics and a biotic labor in hand, or 2 accelerated in hand and a sansan installed, or 2 accelerated in hand and a jackson installed, or....
b) you dont need the combo to win.

the decks weakness:

Wizard: He destroys sansan, adonis and jackson at almost no cost. especially tough if he plays...

Imp: Imp destroys fast advance and combo cards from your hand. destroys sansan for no cost. was the reason for the decks only loss at the regionals, a kate with 4 imps total in one game. Same deck, i won against in top 8 by having a better start.

Noise: He can make you trash a card from rnd after you used jackson howard, by example with a clone chip.

bad ice drawing: Other decks have ways to compensate a bad draw in early game. With this deck, you play only 12 ice out of 49 cards. If you have a really bad draw and get agenda flooded, this can get you into a bad position like 0:6 agenda points with ease. I had that situation two times in the regionals, both i managed to win. But i had to force the runners into remote runs on sansan city grids, adonis, a spare jackson, until i managed to win from 3 to 7 points by combo.

me after 14 hourds of playing netrunner and 4 hours of sleep the night before: The deck won me the lower brackets final. It was 5:2 (or 5:3, i dont remember) on my side, i had all the time of the world to wait for a fast advance or the combo, he played a kate and had 0 cards installed and 7 credits at that time.
i was feeling too secure and tried to force the game to end since i was completly exhausted and i knew i had to play at least one more games after it against the winner of the upper bracket. And so i lost it in 4 turns of worst decisions on my side.

how to do it:
There is so many possibilities to win by combo that i will just show you the basic one here; if you have one card in hand that you need as part of the combo, you can compensate that by subliminal messaging in that accelerated diagnostics. This acutally makes the combo 1 credit cheaper, but cannot be done with double click events.
It takes 14 credits to do the basic combo, though you will need a total of 15, so if your trying it in another identity, remember that its only 14 for ETF.
You need to have jackson howard, accelerated diagnostics and power shutdown in hand.
YOU CAN ONLY COMBO IF THE RUNNER MADE A RUN LAST TURN

first click: Install jackson howard, get one credit. 15 credits, 2 clicks, 3 jacksons
second click: Play power shutdown for your whole RND. 14 credits, 1 click, 3 jacksons
Sacrific jackson howard before your next click to get biotic labor, interns, reclamation order back into your rnd. 14 credits, 1 clicks, 2 jacksons
third click: Play accelerated diagnostics; reclamation order on the other two accelerated diagnostics,interns on jackson howard and biotic for two more clicks. 8 credits, 2 clicks, 2 jacksons
Sacrifice jackson howard before 4th click to get interns, interns, shipment from sansan.
fourth click: Play accelerated diagnostics; interns on 3rd jackson howard, interns on any 3/2 agenda, shipment to advance it twice.
7 credits, 1 clicks, 1 jacksons
Sacrifice jackson howard before fifth click to get interns, shipment from sansan, and a biotic labor
fifth click: Play accelerated diagnostics; interns on another 3/2 agenda, shipment to advance it twice, labor for two clicks. 2 credits, 2 clicks,0 jacksons.
sixth click: Advance Agenda, score
seventh click: Advance Agenda, score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
wow, hey, that's nice

You know, if you replaced that Wraparound with a Shipment from Kaguya, that would save you 6 credits on the combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Marx
msg tools
Yes, i do. I had that card in the early test versions of the deck (early = last wednesday). Then i felt it was a complete useless card most of the times, since it is so situational - it only helps if you got the whole combo on hand, no rezzed sansan in play, need 4 agenda points, and have 10 to 13 credits in pool.
So i prefered to have only 3 cards in the deck that are almost useless out of the combo, which are the three Accelerated Diagnostics.
Each other card i can, and in fact, did, use for noncombo plays.
Even accelerated diagnostics can be played out of combo, but i would only do it if you know the runner has a high chance to win in his turn, for example if your RND is not save and he played a same old thing last turn, with an indexing in his heap,...

I also did only use the combo the way i described it once in the whole tournament. Mostly i play it much cheaper since either i only need two agenda points, (makes it 2 credit), i got an active sansan, which makes it 6 cheaper also, ...

As i said, the combo adds a nice factor to the deck, and you will be happy about that factor some times since you play less ice and money cards then others, but you dont need it to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, that's kinda weird, you know. If you usually get to 5 points fast-advancing from hand, then combo for a 2-pointer, then wouldn't it be easier to just play a regular HBFA deck? Or do they lock R&D by that time and that's why you need the combo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ran a 5/3, you could do a 5-pointer finish with something like this:

Jackson1: Interns(Jackson2), Interns(SanSan Grid), Reclamation(Accelerated Diagnostics)
Jackson2: Interns(Jackson3), Interns(3/2), Shipment from SanSan
Jackson3: Interns(5/3), Shipment from SanSan x2

You'll need at least one biotic in hand, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
And a Jackson already in play, maybe? That's the hard part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Kohlmann
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Axul wrote:
Yes, i do. I had that card in the early test versions of the deck (early = last wednesday). Then i felt it was a complete useless card most of the times, since it is so situational - it only helps if you got the whole combo on hand, no rezzed sansan in play, need 4 agenda points, and have 10 to 13 credits in pool.
So i prefered to have only 3 cards in the deck that are almost useless out of the combo, which are the three Accelerated Diagnostics.
Each other card i can, and in fact, did, use for noncombo plays.
Even accelerated diagnostics can be played out of combo, but i would only do it if you know the runner has a high chance to win in his turn, for example if your RND is not save and he played a same old thing last turn, with an indexing in his heap,...

I also did only use the combo the way i described it once in the whole tournament. Mostly i play it much cheaper since either i only need two agenda points, (makes it 2 credit), i got an active sansan, which makes it 6 cheaper also, ...

As i said, the combo adds a nice factor to the deck, and you will be happy about that factor some times since you play less ice and money cards then others, but you dont need it to win.

I feel honored that you had to play the expensive combo against me. It certainly caught me by surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.