Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy H
United States
Troy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I know the answer to the question just wanted to confirm. The question came up during a game because help text was missing where it might have been expected.

Example with help text: Human Torch - Flame On!
While Human Torch is active, he deals 1 damage to a character or player each time you field a character (not 1 damage per die).

Example without help text: Nick Fury - WWII Veteran
While Nick Fury is active, your Avengers characters get +1A and +1D.

Rules
Active: An effect that takes place when one or more of that card’s dice are in the field.

Is active the state of at least one of a characters die being fielded? Or can an active status count for each die fielded unless specified? i.e. If Nick Fury had help text it would read (not +1/+1 per die) or is this active effect cumulative for each Nick Fury die in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a character's dice in the field area, that character is active (include also the "attack" area).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Pyrah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Active is basically a yes/no condition.

If you have at least one of a character's dice in the field, that character is active.

So Nick Fury only ever grants a maximum of +1/+1.

(I imagine that Nick doesn't include the reminder text because it might be confusing "not +1/+1 per die" could be misinterpreted when his ability is giving +1/+1 per avengers dice.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for your knowledge, this isn't in any help text on the cards because it is specified in a section in the last pages of the rulebook - it states that all "while active" abilities only happen once regardless of how many of that die are fielded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.