Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: victory_games [+] [View All]
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of rules questions for VG games (mainly Hell's Highway and Pacific War). I saw in their rulebooks to send any questions to their New York address. I have mailed them my hand written rules questions several times and have not heard back from them for many months. I paid $50 for Hells Highway too. You'd think they'd have the decency to get back to me. Awful customer service. It's like they don't even exist. Can anybody tell me what the deal is? Because I dont expect to hear anything from Victory Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure you sent them to the right address?
I sent my questions to:
Victory Games
#1 Happy Street
Move Your Ass, DB 12345

I mailed them my questions and got a prompt response. Maybe you just suck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume this thread is a joke given that Victory Games ceased to exist in 1989.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE VG products. I have them all and will NEVER give them away (Ok I did give some, but these were double copies). Mwahahaha! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:
I assume this thread is a joke given that Victory Games ceased to exist in 1989.

Ssssshhh!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Its a secret!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Michael Rinella wrote:

Humor, it is a difficult concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilhammer wrote:
Michael Rinella wrote:

War, what is it good for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
stemcider wrote:
I have a bunch of rules questions for VG games (mainly Hell's Highway and Pacific War). I saw in their rulebooks to send any questions to their New York address. I have mailed them my hand written rules questions several times and have not heard back from them for many months. I paid $50 for Hells Highway too. You'd think they'd have the decency to get back to me. Awful customer service. It's like they don't even exist. Can anybody tell me what the deal is? Because I dont expect to hear anything from Victory Games.

In 1984 I sent a piece of post to the Designer of Vietnam 1965-1975, Nick Karp.

2 weeks later I got a very nice response in purple ink with his signature. It sits in the bottom of that box.

If you were to have questions about Vietnam rules, per chance I may already have the hand written answers you desire.

You may find this to be very convenient as the Time Traveling Post Man has not yet arrived or been invented.

Indeed, as the Time Traveling Post Man has not arrived, then by definition he does not exist, so your post may well remain un-answered.

=============

I recently experienced EXTREME pressure to part ways with my copy of Hell's Highway. As Victory Games has not posted a P-500 Reprint option for that title, I find myself reluctant to part with it, especially after applying the 1997 counter upgrade.

============

How did you pay for your game?

COD?

Money Order?

Check?

Your mom's check?

Lawn Cutting Money?

Cash?

5s, 10s, 1s, 50, 2-20s and a 10? Perhaps 200 quarters? Loose or in rolls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gade
United States
Seattle
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're old enough to remember what SASE stands for, there's a good chance you're a wargamer.

Either that, or you watched a lot of ZOOM as a kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stemcider wrote:

Did you have a good nap Mr. Van Winkle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
stemcider wrote:

I'll bet it's because you forgot to phrase all your rule questions in a "yes" or "no" format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stemcider wrote:

Big fucking deal.

I bought a lifetime subscription to The General.

Haven't seen an issue in YEARS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -- Thucydides, 5th century BC
mbmbmbmbmb
stemcider wrote:

I fail to comprehend the concept of "hand written." Is this related to ancient methodology I have heard referred to as "cursive?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Sager
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hungadunga wrote:
stemcider wrote:

Big fucking deal.

Haven't seen an issues in YEARS.

Okay, we're done here. Last person please turn out the lights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CXed wrote:
If you're old enough to remember what SASE stands for, there's a good chance you're a wargamer.

Either that, or you watched a lot of ZOOM as a kid.

Self Addressed Stamped Envelope? Though I am not old enough to have ever really used one. And I've never seen ZOOM. (I'm 27)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
Hungadunga wrote:
stemcider wrote:

Big fucking deal.

Haven't seen an issues in YEARS.

Maybe you need to update your address?

I've been saving SPI coupons - with the $1, I think War in the East
comes to $13 and that seems like a good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilhammer wrote:
stemcider wrote:

In 1984 I sent a piece of post to the Designer of Vietnam 1965-1975, Nick Karp.

2 weeks later I got a very nice response in purple ink with his signature. It sits in the bottom of that box.

If you were to have questions about Vietnam rules, per chance I may already have the hand written answers you desire.

You may find this to be very convenient as the Time Traveling Post Man has not yet arrived or been invented.

Indeed, as the Time Traveling Post Man has not arrived, then by definition he does not exist, so your post may well remain un-answered.

=============

I recently experienced EXTREME pressure to part ways with my copy of Hell's Highway. As Victory Games has not posted a P-500 Reprint option for that title, I find myself reluctant to part with it, especially after applying the 1997 counter upgrade.

============

How did you pay for your game?

COD?

Money Order?

Check?

Your mom's check?

Lawn Cutting Money?

Cash?

5s, 10s, 1s, 50, 2-20s and a 10? Perhaps 200 quarters? Loose or in rolls?

Definitely lawn cutting money. However, out here in California, the leafy greens we cut for money are a bit different than the rest of the country (except maybe Colorado).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
stemcider wrote:

Did you have a good nap Mr. Van Winkle?

I think I'm having flashbacks to a previous life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McBride
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a more serious note, I just bought a complete unpunched but unboxed copy of Pacific War: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945. Are there good places to ask around for an empty box? Maybe Noble Knight since they piece together incomplete copies of games to make complete copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Wilhammer wrote:
Michael Rinella wrote:

War, what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing!
Spoiler (click to reveal)
except some great games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Brown
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stemcider wrote:

I keep hoping Avalon Hill will respond to my letter writing campaign for a new Up Front expansion, but have not heard from them yet. I think they are just ignoring me. Let me see, letter 1286 Dear Avalon Hill……
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
topman1 wrote:
Dear Avalon Hill……

I never thought this would happen to me...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:

You may want to check your irony-meter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
stemcider wrote:
On a more serious note, I just bought a complete unpunched but unboxed copy of Pacific War: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945. Are there good places to ask around for an empty box? Maybe Noble Knight since they piece together incomplete copies of games to make complete copies?

Well I have one complete PacWar and one incomplete PacWar (missing an unknown number of generic counters, around 20).

Both have Boxes.

Maybe we can work something out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
Michael Rinella wrote:

You may want to check your irony-meter.

...or at least check the forum for a similarly-titled recent thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.