Subject: Netrunner storage solution + Monster Dual Deckboxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flo bob
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,
has anybody allready the ultimate storage solution for all the cards?

With all the Data Sets a 1000 Card Box isnt enough and I want a very handy solution, so I can carry all my cards in just one messenger bag

Does anybody knows a store in Germany that sells a "Monster Protectors Trading Card Double Deck Box"? I need those boxes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
Depending on the size of your bag, you could use the base game box.

I changed the fold of the insert to make two rows on the outer edges for cards, instead of the one inner row.

It holds 2 cores and all the expansions. I also have a small deck box to fit whatever decks I am using for that day.

When it gets to the point of needing more, I think you can use foam core to make the box three rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Binders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erv Walter
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
ervwalter is my new bgg account
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the core game box with a Broken Token insert. It holds two core sets and all the expansions with plenty of room for at least another complete cycle if not more. When it fills, I'll have to start using my second core game box, I guess.

I tried binders for a while but found inserting and removing cards to be a hassle (not to mention rearranging cards to keep then in alphabetical order). I much prefer my cards in a box grouped by faction and card type and in alphabetical order within each group. But if you are deck building by actually looking at the cards (vs online), a binder makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I use my two Core boxes for storage; so far it works with plenty of room to spare (and all my cards are sleeved too)

One box has a Broken Token insert and the other I built a foam-core insert for. At the moment I have one box dedicated to the Runners and one for the Corps.

And I don't know where you can pick them up in your area, but the Monster Double Deck boxes are quite awesome. I picked up two for my girlfriend and I, one Red and one Blue and swapped one of each of the inserts. I'd like to find a way to decorate the outside, but it's a plastic with an odd texture to it, so I'm not sure how well a paintjob would look.

But for protecting your cards they are quite sturdy and the magnet flap holds strong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two core set boxes, one per side, and they're almost completely full by now.

But then, I do own three core sets, and two copies of everything else, and all my cards are sleeved...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer binders, I use two Ultra Pro of the kind you use add pages yourself. This allows for best browsing of cards and you can make up and change your structure as you prefer. They do take up a lot of space, so portability is not excellent, but I never feel the need to travel much with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Y00shi wrote:
I prefer binders, I use two Ultra Pro of the kind you use add pages yourself. This allows for best browsing of cards and you can make up and change your structure as you prefer. They do take up a lot of space, so portability is not excellent, but I never feel the need to travel much with them.

What size are you using? I have 2x 1" and they are bursting, I am wondering if I should get bigger binders, or more binders and split them up somehow.

Also, I have them organized by release date not alphabetically so I never need to reorganize them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rodriguez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I used to have a longbox to store all my cards in but with two core sets and all the datapacks and expansions it eventually filled up. The best part was that my deckbox, the longbox, my tube for my playmat, and a bunch of other junk all fit perfectly into a Store Championship box I "swiped" from the store so all I needed to do was carry the box with me out of the car.

I switched over to a 5" binder and it's already more than halfway full. I bought a shortbox as well in order to store any additional cards since I sleeve 3 copies of a card into one slot on a page. When I had the longbox it was easy to deckbuild because I would just take out the factions I wanted and put them on the table in separate piles and just shuffled through the cards I wanted, no organization at all. With the binder it's all nicely organized by card number and faction, but flipping through the pages becomes a chore and the rings snag onto the holes on the pages and it becomes a hot mess to put everything back after that. Also the 5" binder doesn't fit into the Store Championship box so I have to place it on top when I take stuff out of the car and it just becomes more cumbersome to carry these things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I ask which binder you are using that you are fitting 3 sleeved cards into each slot? Also, I guess which sleeves you are using is important.

I asked awhile back about putting 3 FFG-sleeved cards into one binder pocket and most people seemed to think that wouldn't work. I'd love to go binder over boxes (since I've had to go to two 2-row boxes now and that is quite large) but I don't want to be un-sleeving and re-sleeving cards every time I go to make a deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
Y00shi wrote:

What size are you using? I have 2x 1" and they are bursting, I am wondering if I should get bigger binders, or more binders and split them up somehow.

Also, I have them organized by release date not alphabetically so I never need to reorganize them.

Hmmm, the size, I do not know, I actually have all the cards in one binder, bought it together with Double Time, all cards fit though it is now pretty full so I bought a second one to have one for corp and one for runner. It is an Ultra Pro, huge one, I have currently 50 pages in it, the type into which the cards are inserted from the sides, so I use both sides. This means I have 18 slots per sheet (9 front and 9 back, they are separated with a blck layer in between and card are inserted from the side they are on, so they are not in the same slot) and I fit 3 cards in each slot.

As for reorganizing, I and a friend have discussed a bit how one wants to order the cards, I now have them by faction first then by type, so all Anarch breakers are together, all criminal breakers etc. though one could organize all breakers together.

I really like the binders, and it is nice to flip through the pages and review all the cards, sometimes you see things and get an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flo bob
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for all the input.

Is there any known shop that sells the "Broken Token Sleeved Card Game Organizer" in Germany or the EU? Seems to be the best option, but over 30$ shipping fees, making them realy expensive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.