• [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. I need to pick up both playmats now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were replacing the game board with a play mat. Better quality and much better shelf life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
Were replacing the game board with a play mat. Better quality and much better shelf life.

Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, man! Dr. Strange and the Defenders.... I hope that's a harbinger of heroes to come in future Legendary Heroes expansions. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A "New Recruits" deck? Interesting....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:

I have no problem with playmats, so long as they can be rolled up nicely and fit back in the box without any problems.

Great example of this is Yomi. Beautiful playmats that I believe greatly enhance the game both from a longevity standpoint and aesthetically.

That said, Cube Quest is a terrible example of playmats as you had to fold the playmats instead of rolling them up to fit them back in the box. This led to creases that not only looked terrible, but also impacted gameplay.

I doubt creases will impact gameplay here, but they would be an annoyance. Please reassure me that these will easily roll up and fit snuggly in the box?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
I spy with my giant eye...

What is this? A game for ants? How can we be expected to play this game... if we can't even see the board?

I don't wanna hear your excuses! The game has to be at least... three times bigger than this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So based on my intel. prior to these images, there were supposed to be 500 cards. All the numbers I had seen indicated that all card counts would be the same between Villains and the analogous cards in the base set. However:

1 - the play mat says to play with 41 bystanders -- the base game only came with 30 (though there are 41 now). This throws all the counts off. So are there more than 500 cards in the set? or is there less of something else -- at this point, not sure what that could possibly be.

2 - What are new recruits? -- there is no analogue to this in the base set. How does this effect the card counts if at all?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
Brenzor wrote:
I spy with my giant eye...

What is this? A game for ants? How can we be expected to play this game... if we can't even see the board?

I don't wanna hear your excuses! The game has to be at least... three times bigger than this!

hahahahahahahahaha I cant stop laughing. what a great reference!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial guess...11 "New recruits" that offer 2 fighting for 3 recruit.

Fighting version of the "Maria Hill" shield officer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
What are new recruits? -- there is no analogue to this in the base set. How does this effect the card counts if at all?

My guess is that this is just where you are supposed to put your KO'ed starting deck cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:

Maybe something like that, but the play mat indicates you still use 30 copies of "Maria Hill" (HYDRA Commissars).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
RangerRob24 wrote:

Maybe something like that, but the play mat indicates you still use 30 copies of "Maria Hill" (HYDRA Commissars).

Yeah saw that after I posted. Hmmm.

I do like how the city order is inverted. Bridge to Sewers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
So based on my intel. prior to these images, there were supposed to be 500 cards. All the numbers I had seen indicated that all card counts would be the same between Villains and the analogous cards in the base set. However:

1 - the play mat says to play with 41 bystanders -- the base game only came with 30 (though there are 41 now). This throws all the counts off. So are there more than 500 cards in the set? or is there less of something else -- at this point, not sure what that could possibly be.

2 - What are new recruits? -- there is no analogue to this in the base set. How does this effect the card counts if at all?

Thanks

That box image says 500 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You will love the storage solutions in the new Villain box. No more plastic tray and the mat rolls up nicely and fits inside a sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
What are new recruits? -- there is no analogue to this in the base set. How does this effect the card counts if at all?

My guess is that this is just where you are supposed to put your KO'ed starting deck cards.

Negative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
You will love the storage solutions in the new Villain box. No more plastic tray and the mat rolls up nicely and fits inside a sleeve.

Sold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
Looking at the basic setup instructions on the game mat it does not include instructions for placing cards on the New Recruits spot. My guess is that you do not put any cards on this spot. Something must happen to your cards where you place them there. There wont be any there to start the game. Otherwise the set up instructions would include it, right?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My tears are temporarily dried! Oh happy day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
Brenzor wrote:

Does this mean any future printings of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game will have the rubber mat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
Brenzor wrote:

Does this mean any future printings of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game will have the rubber mat?

Or...

how about you put a redeemable discount voucher for a Legendary Playmat in the box...gives an extra incentive (like I needed any) to buy it for the existing gamers, and the newcomers get a link to buying the predecessor?

Win. Win. Win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spider Li
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is getting interesting and me totally excited now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was already sold on this game (I REALLY hope that my LGS manages to get it like they did the base game even though I'm in the UK). But seeing that playmat and knowing it's a mat and not a board is AWESOME.

Really intrigued by New Recruits.

I also LOVE that the city is exactly the same but in reverse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sa-weet!

And tons of new info hidden among that art piece. I will be updating the What We Know Thread once I'm done sifting through it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.