Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Grab it while you still can! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was at my LGS yesterday, and they were saying how they took longer to reply about my online hold order because they had to make sure they had enough copies. They mentioned that there was a sudden mad rush to get the game, and now they only have one copy left.

Mind you, this was in Canada, so we probably get less stock in comparison to the States, but I would suggest people to get this game while they still have it in stock. It's definitely one of those games flying under the radar right now. I doubt they printed all that many copies of the game either!

Good luck hunting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
nrgSingMOK wrote:
Was at my LGS yesterday, and they were saying how they took longer to reply about my online hold order because they had to make sure they had enough copies. They mentioned that there was a sudden mad rush to get the game, and now they only have one copy left.

Mind you, this was in Canada, so we probably get less stock in comparison to the States, but I would suggest people to get this game while they still have it in stock. It's definitely one of those games flying under the radar right now. I doubt they printed all that many copies of the game either!

Good luck hunting!

It's selling like hotcakes here in Toronto. The Toronto retailer I spoke to didn't really know about the game before I had mentioned it, and the distributor didn't highlight the game as a hot seller.

I think it's a great price point, and given how portable and quick the game is, I'm not at all surprised. It's just "fun", even if it isn't terribly strategically deep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was sold out of both FLGS I checked out initially. Then I was watching it on Coolstuff.com and when their inventory started selling out also I snatched 2 copies; they are now out of stock so I'm glad I did.

While I haven't actually gotten a chance to play another human being yet (hopefully tonight) I really like the game a lot and it's fantastic to have so much gameplay in such a small affordable package. I hope the success the game has seen leads to more print runs and expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
For the Toronto area gamers, WoodForSheep.ca and BoardGameBliss.com both have copies in stock.

http://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/star-realms
http://www.woodforsheep.ca/products/star-realms

They both have local pickup in Markham. BGB has some games that offer free shipping for your entire order, while WFS hosts events throughout the week and give you your products there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito Gesualdi
msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys, Vito from Star Realms here. Our entire first printing is in the hands of distributors, who seem to be running out fast. I know there's currently a second printing in the works, though our last shipment took awhile to get through customs. If you have any friends on the fence about getting a copy of the game, I highly recommend telling them to grab one now rather than wait on the second printing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
Ah, the old limited time / supplies are running out sales pitch.

I'm a bit confused how a game is both selling out too fast and yet also "flying under the radar" at the same time.

But rather than untangle that and let me just suggest that you might do better at selling this game without offending potential customers' intelligence. The game is solid enough to stand on its own, and (at least in my neck of the woods) it has really good word of mouth buzz going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Probably because my store didn't exactly receive that many copies in the first place. A relatively small portion of people in Vancouver even know about this game, which is what was meant by "under the radar."

And it wasn't a sales pitch. I was simply letting people know that there's a gem of a game here, and that people shouldn't wait too long to grab the game while there are still copies floating around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Helms
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
My FLGS is currently on its third box (with 8 in each, I think?) - I personally think that's pretty impressive. It's spreading really well and now that we've ordered Game Day and Organized Play kits as well, it's only going to increase. Really great game, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rabid_schnauzer wrote:

I'm a bit confused how a game is both selling out too fast and yet also "flying under the radar" at the same time.

But rather than untangle that and let me just suggest that you might do better at selling this game without offending potential customers' intelligence. The game is solid enough to stand on its own, and (at least in my neck of the woods) it has really good word of mouth buzz going.

You know Rabid, I don't read Vito's post that way at all; I think he is genuinely letting people know the second printing may not come right on the heels of the first. I doubt they are too worried about selling out the first printing at this point.

And I don't think the game really is flying too low under the radar so-to-speak, it had humble origins on Kickstarter but it's been creeping up the Geek Hotness the past couple weeks and I think it's starting to get a lot more visibility as word spreads.

Your blog posts on this game have been fantastic and I've really appreciated reading your strategy discussions, I'm surprised you would take that tone with the community manager for the game who's making the extra effort to provide useful info to the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Murtha
Australia
flag msg tools
I am yet to find a shop here in Australia that even sells the game yet, I got it off Ebay and advised my local games shop of the product, it is a really good game and I am not at all surprised that the first printing sold so fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan N
Australia
flag msg tools
I got my copy at Good Games in Brisbane about 2 weeks ago. Took them 3 days to order it in for me, not sure who their distributor is here in Oz though.

I had been waiting ages (my friend was a KS backer so we've been playing with his copy) to get it, finally glad to have it, can't wait to see new expansions!!

I haven't seen it in any other local stores around here so I'm glad I asked about it, it's a great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad I picked up a copy as I and my wife are enjoying the game, but I also know the owners of my FLGS said they were only to have an allotment of 6 games delivered to them per week due to the high demand. While that may not seem so bad, as more and more people are playing (especially since we are going to have a tournament at the end of the month), these will start disappearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought one copy from an US ebay seller because I couldnt find it in any European store. This game is hard to get at the moment but you still can get it from several US mail order sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rabid_schnauzer wrote:

The hell? Dude's saying, "we're running out for now. Second printing's coming, but if you want them now, go ahead and grab one."

This is insulting to someone's intelligence? Their intelligence would have to be a very fragile, delicate thing to be wounded by such a gentle wind.

EDIT: Wondered who thumbed your post...oh, it's....you? Lovely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.