Popular Tags: [View All]
David Landon
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to make sure this is a legal move,

If the axis controls Novgorod but Soviets control all the swamps and Lenningrad can I make an airborne assault from Lenningrad to Helsinki?

I don't see any reason I couldn't (assuming the weather is clear/lt mud).

What do other people think?

If the airborne is my last unit and helsinki is empty do people think it's worth it? I'd be trading lenningrad (lose one WERP but would also not pay 1 for fleet maintinence) but would eliminate all finnish blocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Frans
United States
Mukilteo
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ALWAYS make the move with the airborne! It has a tendency to cut off the entire Russian army...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamedeity wrote:
I want to make sure this is a legal move,

If the axis controls Novgorod but Soviets control all the swamps and Lenningrad can I make an airborne assault from Lenningrad to Helsinki?

I don't see any reason I couldn't (assuming the weather is clear/lt mud).

What do other people think?

If the airborne is my last unit and helsinki is empty do people think it's worth it? I'd be trading lenningrad (lose one WERP but would also not pay 1 for fleet maintinence) but would eliminate all finnish blocks.

I'm not convinced. I don't think there's an air-route between Leningrad and Helsinki, and they're three spaces apart. (Leningrad and Novgorod count as entirely separate spaces when they are not controlled by the same player.) If it were within range, of course it would be a good move. I'd say knocking out the Finns is well worth losing Leningrad for the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landon
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the latest map air-routes are printed on the map and one points to the port that is lenningrad to estonia but not helsinki so I guess that means it's not in range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct - not in range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.