Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it seems like Colony Constructor, Colonist Hub (once completed) and Terraforming Station all allow you to place a colony (move it from your personal supply in front of you to any territory on the board you choose, as long as there isn't a card/generator/etc preventing you from locating in that particular territory)...

our first game is tonight, but even in re-reading the rules I don't see anywhere that you can "move" colonies once placed? if so, it may not be to your advantage to play them too early (other than getting the VP)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are alien tech cards that allow players to move colonies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Various discard powers of the Alien Tech cards allow colonies to be moved.

In my experience you play to get colonies down early to get the territory bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are never going to have a situation where you can buy a colony and wait until later to place it. And because you re-roll all your dice each turn you never know when you will get your next chance to buy a colony. So you're going to want to get them on the board as fast as possible to start helping you collect bonuses that will help you get even more colonies on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CMG2 wrote:
You are never going to have a situation where you can buy a colony and wait until later to place it.

Sure you can if you want. Once you reach the 7th space of the colonist hub "you may launch it at your convenience by paying one fuel and one ore."

So, later that turn, next turn or even 7 turns hence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneTrueZeke wrote:
CMG2 wrote:
You are never going to have a situation where you can buy a colony and wait until later to place it.

Sure you can if you want. Once you reach the 7th space of the colonist hub "you may launch it at your convenience by paying one fuel and one ore."

So, later that turn, next turn or even 7 turns hence.

I'll give you that you have ONE opportunity at a time. But you can't start another colony down the hub track until you launch that one. So I still think my comment properly addresses the OP in that you can't save up colonies to put out later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.