Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Given the action economy situation, it's difficult to get much use out of the upgrades you assimilate with the tubules. It's still a powerful way to deny stuff to the enemy, but it takes some doing to actually use the upgrades you steal. I wanted to build to try and make the most out of assimilation.

With this build you can disable EMH instead of the tubules to assimilate a crew upgrade. Then during Martok's activation, you can activate The Doctor to remove the disabled tokens from both EMH and the pilfered crew, meaning you can use either (or both with Martok) the very next turn. In a pinch, you can assimilate twice in the same turn. And of course you've got Seven to keep the Assimilation Train rolling, and also re-activate with everyone using The Doctor's action.

Not particularly great against a 3-ship Klingon build that just wants to blast you to pieces, but against a crew-heavy build you can pull them off to a man and press them into your own service a lot more efficiently than with the tubes alone.

Resource: Flagship Independent (Fed) (10)

Borg Sphere 4270 (40)
Tactical Drone (3)
Flagship (0)
Emergency Medical Hologram (As crew) (3)
Seven of Nine (4)
The Doctor (As tech) (4)
Borg Assimilation Tubules (8)
Ship SP: 62

R.I.S. Vo (16)
Martok (6)
Miles O'Brien (3)
Interphase Generator (3)
Ship SP: 28

Total Build SP: 100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EMH does not work with tubules. They are a Borg upgrade, not a Tech upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
delta_angelfire wrote:

Holy crap, how could I miss that? Back to the drawing board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:
delta_angelfire wrote:

Holy crap, how could I miss that? Back to the drawing board.

The Doctor did work with NanoProbes seemingly at every chance he got in the series so don't feel bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.