John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have searched the forums and don't see an answer to this issue (it is probably so obvious that no one has posted blush), so here goes, and I apologize if this is covering old ground that I just missed. I love this game but I am only a casual player of it and seek your expert assistance. My question is about the Han Solo card from the Core Set (card no. 0064 from Objective Set No. 15):

The card gives Han, when attacking, two targeted strikes. My question involves the "Reaction" power that the card has: "Reaction: After this unit is declared as an attacker or defender, deal 1 damage to a target enemy unit." The power allows Han to deal one damage to a "target enemy unit." Does this mean literally any unit, i.e., a targeted strike? Or does this just mean a damage on a unit participating in the engagement? I read it to mean that Han gets a targeted strike and thus, potentially, will have three targeted strikes if he is used as an attacker.

Am I wrong? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it means any enemy unit on the table.

Note that it's not a "targeted strike", it's just a damage dealt to a unit. Targeted Strike A) only works as an attacker (not as a defender) and B) it's the entire strike that is applied (you cannot deal one damage to unit A and the second damage to unit B, both damages of the entire strike is dealt to one unit).

HTH,

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Armstrong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this reaction, simply because Han shoots first.

How cheeky of the FFG designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.