Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Kickstarter update talks about Joker's Wild. Won't you only have 1 uncharged die left ever to use with this card? Won't you be spending four dice just to swap a fifth? That seems underpowered. If you get attacked multiple times in a row then you'll be defenseless. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the card works. I assume it could be worded to take into account an extra overpower die.

2) Some of the rulings on this card are largely impossible to derive from the gameplay section on your website. Will there be a comprehensive rulebook available before the end of the campaign?

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Lam
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi Lee,

First off, new videos are up! Not amazingly better but more informative nonetheless.

1. For Joker's Wild, at first glance it seems silly. But keeping the theme of Lady Jester's deck, it's a very unpredictable manipulation deck. So there are cards that not only control your deck and hand, but also temporarily steal and switch your opponent's dice as well as gain dice. When playing in free for all or tag battle, her ability to gain more dice is even better as some of her abilities affect all opponents or all players (which might even screw your teammate over!)

2. I think I'm going to have to take down and replace some of the cards on the BGG page and website. Our initial intention was to give players a visual, but since we updated everything as a whole, we haven't updated the gallery with the newer cards. We'll do a complete refresh of these next week and upload a new rulebook so things are more clear.

Thanks for being on top of things and asking questions others might want to know as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.