Warrior Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Simultaneous kills? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if a Noble assaults a city, and the noble is eliminated at the same time the city is reduced to 0?

Does the city still fall even though the noble is dead? We played that the city fell as it's very vulnerable anyway with zero defence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The city doesn't fall. See rules, page 17, top:
Quote:
If a Baron is attacking a neutral city, the battle immediately ends once the city’s strength is reduced to zero. If the attacking Baron has a Noble that lived through the battle, the Baron captures the city and places a control marker underneath it to show his ownership of the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boyer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree with the first answer - the city doesn't fall. The rules say you have to survive the battle. The fate cards are resolved simultaneously, and so nothing other than prevent causualties cards will stop the city from inflicting them. If the city inflicts sufficient casualties to kill the attacking army, the noble dies. The city's strength will be reduced to zero assuming sufficient casualties inflicted, but will remain a neutral city. Of course then, any noble in the area can then swoop in and take it unopposed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Konieczka
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
The city doesn't fall.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.