Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Thomas
United States
Tn
US
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After a few plays i have put together a base rule for how many baddies come out in lairs and hunting packs for a set number of players. After quite a few plays of different tiles, I watched if it was just Set-em-Up and Knock-em-Down boredom, or making it a little rough almost insuring someone is getting injured. The point i found it switch to making sure you play a round with some attack from the AI was at about #players x 3.5 rounded up (#P x 3.5 ^) . Ive stretched this to 4+ when people have had gear to back it up. What is your thoughts. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working out some numbers too, but haven't played enough to know yet. I might flesh it out with your number if you've already done some testing. My thoughts were not on using the number of players to scale though. One small difference is that I am trying to figure out how much you should start a tile with.

More players doesn't = more actions. You get more variety and choices, and you get more Vitality to spread damage around. I'm trying to decide how much this influences your ability to deal with enemies.

More equipment directly affects your ability. My thoughts are to total your equipment owned by all heroes, where greens = 1 and blues = 2. Then you use it to determine how many you face on a tile. Each tile has different parameters, so you'd want to scale from 2p with no equipment, to 2p with 3 blues, to 5p with 3 blues.

I'm guessing bosses will be involved at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a file uploaded here on BGG for a "random tile generator" that should solve your problems nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
How about using fudge dice and/or regular dice to determine if a hunting pack or second lair will be on a tile. And how many minions are are part of that hunting pack.

For example roll as many D6 dice as there are players and if the total of pips exceeds the total of players x3 then the hunting pack appears.
When it does appear you roll again 1D6 and add 2 to the number to determine the hunting pack size.

You can use fudge dice to use the + and - to accomplish the same thing more + and you get the hunting pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
There's a file uploaded here on BGG for a "random tile generator" that should solve your problems nicely.

If it's the file I'm thinking about, I looked at that soon after it was created. There are a lot of nice ideas in there, but I didn't see any scaling of difficulty and it was way to cumbersome. I don't want to be rolling 20 times to set up every tile. :/

Maybe it has changed some? I'll check later on today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.