BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Z-Man Games = Great Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to take a moment and say "Thanks" to Z-Man Games for excellent customer service. I had lost the Red Disease Cure Token from my 1st Edition Pandemic game and had posted on the Pandemic Forum to see if anyone had an extra one.
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
from Z-Man Games customer service replied to my post and directed me to their web site's customer service page. She told me they would send me a replacement token. I went to their web site and filled out the form. I received a quick reply saying they would be sending me the token.

Today I received a small package from Z-Man games. Instead of just sending me 1 Red Disease Cure Token, they were nice enough to send me 1 of each color and a Outbreak and Infection Rate Token.

People are usually very quick to call out a game company when they do not have good customer service so I thought I would point out a good customer service experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Grantz
United States
Bel Aire
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never received bad customer service from Z-man games. They may not always be the quickest to respond, but they've always been very helpful when I've had an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with Z-Man CS has been...unusual. I've had to interact with them 4 times (which is in itself very odd).

Twice I contacted them to replace erroneous components, both times I did receive the items; the first time, the communication was pretty good and the second time was pretty disappointing.

Once, I won a contest and had to follow up to remind them to send the prize (I'm happy to wait on that one, but my follow-up should be unnecessary).

And, finally and most notably....they once sent me a random game board. Just the board, not tied in with any of these other incidents, no other info; I can only assume it was supposed to go to someone else.

Having worked in management and customer service, consulted on warehousing for a large national distributor, and built inventory control systems from scratch, I can tell you they need help. They need an auto-responder and a real-life follow-up within 24 hours and at some point they need to overhaul whatever their warehouse setup is; I'm confident that's the choke point.

I applaud them on eventually getting the right materials into gamers' hands, but the damage to goodwill is more important than they'd like to acknowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.