Popular Tags: [View All]
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The danger's in the subtlety...
badge
That's in between the lines... Between the darkness and the light...
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to LA Park.

Players beginning in LA Park in Round #3:
Willie (Machiavellian)
Fire (contiguity)
Barry (namyzarc)
Harry (kiwi13cubed)
Zachariah (zeebo30)
Florence (Natsume)

Starting Leader:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Willie (Machiavellian)

Room, please elect a leader and choose TWO PERSONS to transfer from LA Park to Cadillac Jack's Diner. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices. Also, Leaders please consider using a 2nd-in-command.

Your deadline to do this is Wednesday, 21:00 BGG time (CST).

If you have a rules or role question, PM me, and I'll answer them in the main thread.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
The danger's in the subtlety...
badge
That's in between the lines... Between the darkness and the light...
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTES:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
You are not two people. And you are not one person. You are an experience. Make sure you're a good experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. Now I have to sleep on a park bench. At least the diner booths had cushions.

sigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
We've done a lot on these park benches though, sometimes with people watching. We've also discussed the proper role of mouths in all of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
"Welcome back Florence and who have you brought with you from the Diner? I hope you brought some sandwiches and maybe a liter of coke to share with the lot of us? The weather out here is fine, but a man does get a might peckish."

Willie shifted on his seat on the park bench and considered the implications of the new arrivals and the departure of Arthur and Mowglee. After a moment he lifted himself to his feet. With awkward steps he came over to the man he had not yet met. Steadying himself on his prosthetic leg, he thrust out one arm and offered the man his hand.

"Name's Willie Joe Holiday, but most just call me Chip or Blue, you're welcome to do the same. This park's a fine place and there are plenty of benches to sit a spell and relax. Fire over here..." Willie tossed his head to indicate the young man [Contig] standing nearby. There was a palpable tension between the two, oddly mixed with a friendliness from Willie "... was complaining that I been talking too much, but the kid's a cat lover, so what do you expect? I'm a dog and bird person myself, so I'm a little more socialable. If you are up for some conversation, sit and we can talk."

Whisper Florence / Natsume, Whisper Zachariah / Zeebo30

Offer Co-reveal to Florence / Natsume, Offer co-reveal to Zachariah / Zeebo30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Small Note: I won't be very active today. If you need something specific please PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
You are not two people. And you are not one person. You are an experience. Make sure you're a good experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"Welcome back Florence and who have you brought with you from the Diner? I hope you brought some sandwiches and maybe a liter of coke to share with the lot of us? The weather out here is fine, but a man does get a might peckish."

Willie shifted on his seat on the park bench and considered the implications of the new arrivals and the departure of Arthur and Mowglee. After a moment he lifted himself to his feet. With awkward steps he came over to the man he had not yet met. Steadying himself on his prosthetic leg, he thrust out one arm and offered the man his hand.

"Name's Willie Joe Holiday, but most just call me Chip or Blue, you're welcome to do the same. This park's a fine place and there are plenty of benches to sit a spell and relax. Fire over here..." Willie tossed his head to indicate the young man [Contig] standing nearby. There was a palpable tension between the two, oddly mixed with a friendliness from Willie "... was complaining that I been talking too much, but the kid's a cat lover, so what do you expect? I'm a dog and bird person myself, so I'm a little more socialable. If you are up for some conversation, sit and we can talk."

Whisper Florence / Natsume, Whisper Zachariah / Zeebo30

Offer Co-reveal to Florence / Natsume, Offer co-reveal to Zachariah / Zeebo30

reply Willie

I didn't think to bring any food. I guess maybe I thought there'd already be food here? I don't know I kinda spaced out really badly yesterday so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
"That's fine, fine... we'll be a might hungry, but maybe one of you younger lad's can go run back to the Diner later and bring back a couple Pastrami sandwiches. I hear they have a great one over there..."

Extending his hand to Zachariah

"You never told me your name."

Whisper Zachariah / Zeebo30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"That's fine, fine... we'll be a might hungry, but maybe one of you younger lad's can go run back to the Diner later and bring back a couple Pastrami sandwiches. I hear they have a great one over there..."

Extending his hand to Zachariah

"You never told me your name."

Shakes Willies Hand

Names Zachariah but you can call me Zac

accept card share Willie

And you're right they do have quite the sandwich over there, though the real selling point is their pancakes, best I've ever had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Pleasure to meet you Zac. Sit a spell and tell me a bit about yourself. You sound like an interesting guy and I'd like to know more about you. I know ol' Willie is a bit old, but I can be a friend to all ages. Friendship ain't bounded by age anymore than it's bounded by race."

"Pancakes eh? I sure could go for some of those with nice Maple syrup and some melted butter about now. Maybe a cup of coffee as well with a bit of cream and a splash of the good stuff."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in knowing you better as well

Offer card share zeebo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"Pleasure to meet you Zac. Sit a spell and tell me a bit about yourself. You sound like an interesting guy and I'd like to know more about you. I know ol' Willie is a bit old, but I can be a friend to all ages. Friendship ain't bounded by age anymore than it's bounded by race."

"Pancakes eh? I sure could go for some of those with nice Maple syrup and some melted butter about now. Maybe a cup of coffee as well with a bit of cream and a splash of the good stuff."

Well they certainly have plenty of coffee. I'm not a fan of it myself but they said it was pretty good.

Zac Sits on the bench with Willie

You just let me know if you need any help with the task of yours and I'll see what I can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
I'm interested in knowing you better as well

Offer card share zeebo

Sure sure. We're all friends here right?

Accept Card share contig (can't remember his RP name)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well you know, I'm happy here in the park just while-in away the time with good talk and good company. What do you do for a living Zac? Or are you still undecided about that?" Willie said with a smile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fire. Nice to meet you. The names are also usually at the top, where it states who's in the room.

Whisper Zachariah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"Well you know, I'm happy here in the park just while-in away the time with good talk and good company. What do you do for a living Zac? Or are you still undecided about that?" Willie said with a smile

Alright well just let me know.

vote willie

contiguity wrote:
I'm fire. Nice to meet you. The names are also usually at the top, where it states who's in the room.

Whisper Zachariah

Thanks for the offer I'll let you know if I need anything.

I hope my choices don't affect our friendship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiwi's ModBot
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Current Leader: Machiavellian

VOTE TALLY:
Machiavellian - 1 - zeebo30(1)

Not voting: contiguity, Kiwi13cubed, Machiavellian, namyzarc, Natsume

'*' indicates a locked vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Zac, I am getting the impression you are a fan of the pancakes in the Diner. What makes those pancakes so great? Do you get buttermilk or something else? Chocolate chips?"

"Are you a native of LA or do you come from somewhere else?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"Zac, I am getting the impression you are a fan of the pancakes in the Diner. What makes those pancakes so great? Do you get buttermilk or something else? Chocolate chips?"

"Are you a native of LA or do you come from somewhere else?"

I ordered mine with chocolate chips. They were amazing, like seriously I can't even explain it you just gotta try them. Maybe I'll bring some back if I can get over there and back.

And no I'm not from here. I was visiting for a convention that was supposed to be going on but I guess that's not happening now heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Why wouldn't the convention happen Zac? What went wrong?"

Willie scratched at the flesh and meat that was left of his left thigh just above where metal and chrome took over serving as a leg. He grumbled something to himself and then looked about the park. His eye caught a re-election poster for Donald Vincrest. Willie jerked his other thumb in that direction.

"Never much cared for him. I hear he's got some real competition in the race this year. Maybe we'll get someone better."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"Why wouldn't the convention happen Zac? What went wrong?"

Willie scratched at the flesh and meat that was left of his left thigh just above where metal and chrome took over serving as a leg. He grumbled something to himself and then looked about the park. His eye caught a re-election poster for Donald Vincrest. Willie jerked his other thumb in that direction.

"Never much cared for him. I hear he's got some real competition in the race this year. Maybe we'll get someone better."

Oh nothing happened to the convention.

All this
He indicates the general area

Happened so I wasn't able to attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"You didn't have to go into that Diner. You didn't have to ask for something."

Willie leaned in close and put his hand on Zac's shoulder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
"You didn't have to go into that Diner. You didn't have to ask for something."

Willie leaned in close and put his hand on Zac's shoulder

I know you're right. And sometimes I wish I hadn't. I mean I didn't even believe any of it at first. I just decided to play along. But then things started to happen and well, here I am.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Hays
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Willie whispered me and I replied

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's all so easy when you start out. But then you meet people and things get complicated.

I was just a worker at the diner, and somehow I've been caught up in all of this. I fear when I go back there, it may all be too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.