Subject: Scoring and buying. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn sequence on circa page 2 says:
- score the word. Add up the score (top left) for each letter.
- Buy cards. Using the (cent) cost in the lower left, purchase cards from the offer up to your word score.

Just so I understand it correctly, does this mean if my word score is 4 and my cent score (lower left) is 5 I cant buy one 5 cent card but I can buy one 2 cent card and 1 3 cent card for a total of 5 cents and 3 word score?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
wordlyweko wrote:
Turn sequence on circa page 2 says:
- score the word. Add up the score (top left) for each letter.
- Buy cards. Using the (cent) cost in the lower left, purchase cards from the offer up to your word score.

Just so I understand it correctly, does this mean if my word score is 4 and my cent score (lower left) is 5 I cant buy one 5 cent card but I can buy one 2 cent card and 1 3 cent card for a total of 5 cents and 3 word score?

no, you only have one score, the numbers under the letters (plus bonuses). that take score and use that to buy cards from the offer that have a total up to the score. Ignore the cost of the cards you played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I want to play it but if that's correct I really dont understand the sentence "- Buy cards. Using the (cent) cost in the lower left, purchase cards from the offer up to your word score."

Is the idea that my purchasing power (score) is the upper left one and the cost of purchase is the cent score lower left one? It's very possible that I just got turned around but the wording, to mee, seems difuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
wordlyweko wrote:
That's how I want to play it but if that's correct I really dont understand the sentence "- Buy cards. Using the (cent) cost in the lower left, purchase cards from the offer up to your word score."

Is the idea that my purchasing power (score) is the upper left one and the cost of purchase is the cent score lower left one? It's very possible that I just got turned around but the wording, to mee, seems difuse.
If you know dominion, it's the exact same principles. But worded in a less than awesome way. At least in dominion you don't ever "score" anything during the game, and suddenly converting an abstract, and very explicitly so, score number into currency jars a lot. In dominion you build up money as you play actions, so spending that money makes perfect sense directly. Spending a "score" really doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Thernström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree, and the dominion reference helped getting my head around the wording, english is no way near my native tounge.

So upper left score = money
Lower left score = cost

correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but then you can see the confusion I've been having about similar subjects here - http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1168630/if-your-word-scores-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.