Subject: Taranto Brindisi (Durazzo) Supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
worms hero
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Alright fellas,

Consider this.

Allies Offensive in Med. Britain captures Taranto, but no hexes further East. Italy has Fleet at Brindisi. SR time. Britain has pre-supplied Taranto from elsewhere. Can he SR units into Southern Italy via Taranto? I'm concerned about rule 16.2...

Units SR‘ed by land may move only over controlled, supplied hexes (including hexes controlled by an ally). Any SR'ed unit (ground, air, or naval) may not be adjacent to nor pass adjacent to any enemy unit including air, naval, airbase counter, and partisan at the start, end, or at any point of its SR...

It's the adjacent part that gets me - are the Brindisi Fleet adjacent to Taranto (Neighbouring hex, but separated by sea), thus prohibiting SR? How about if they were in Durazzo?

WH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
worms_hero wrote:
Alright fellas,

Consider this.

Allies Offensive in Med. Britain captures Taranto, but no hexes further East. Italy has Fleet at Brindisi. SR time. Britain has pre-supplied Taranto from elsewhere. Can he SR units into Southern Italy via Taranto? I'm concerned about rule 16.2...

Units SR‘ed by land may move only over controlled, supplied hexes (including hexes controlled by an ally). Any SR'ed unit (ground, air, or naval) may not be adjacent to nor pass adjacent to any enemy unit including air, naval, airbase counter, and partisan at the start, end, or at any point of its SR...

It's the adjacent part that gets me - are the Brindisi Fleet adjacent to Taranto (Neighbouring hex, but separated by sea), thus prohibiting SR? How about if they were in Durazzo?

WH

Yes it is prevented. It goes by hexside: if there's land connecting the hex then that's good enough. The exceptions in the rules are by hexsides. Durazzo doesn't because it's an all sea hexide between it and Italy --- just like British units in England don't stop Axis SR to French beaches.

EDIT: Think of it this way: why would fleets in Livorno prevent SR along an inland path? The naval unit represents both the ships and it support forces. And those on shore sailors are enough to prevent SR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with Patrick. Taranto and Brindsi are connected by land (a ground unit could move directly from one hex to the other). That is not the case with Durazzo which is separated by sea and would require naval transport to cross over to (excluding a lengthy land route through northern Italy and Yugoslavia of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
worms hero
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks boys - I wasn't too sure.
Rather scuppers one idea I had, but never mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.