9 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adquiring assets action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read this part I have some doubt, let's say there are 3 items that cost 1 influence and one with 2 influence cost and you rolled 3 success.

You can:

1) Buy all items

2) Buy one of those items.

3) Buy items until you "spend" your successes (Example buying the 2 influence item and 1 influence item).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
leviatas wrote:
When I read this part I have some doubt, let's say there are 3 items that cost 1 influence and one with 2 influence cost and you rolled 3 success.

You can:

1) Buy all items

3) Buy items until you "spend" your successes (Example buying the 2 influence item and 1 influence item).

Choice 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
leviatas wrote:

You can:

1) Buy all items

Choice 3 - Having rolled three successes, you can buy up to 3 "successes" worth of items.

Note, if you take a loan, you get another 2 "successes" and can buy, in your example, items totaling 5 successes in value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leviatas wrote:

You can:

1) Buy all items

You should try using any of those options in a real-world shop and see how you get on. I promise that the one that works IRL is the one that works in EH. (I really fancy having a go at the approach used in (1). I can imagine the discussions with the shop-keeper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well influence doesn't mean money XD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leviatas wrote:
Well influence doesn't mean money XD
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev C
msg tools
At what point do you restock the Reserve?

There was a point that I had 7 successes (with the help of the 6's counting for 2 plus skill improvements etc) but the Reserve value was only 6 (2,2,1,1) - would I have the option to refill the Reserve after unloading it in attempt to spend my other success?

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
You only refresh cards after completing the entire Acquire Assests action. Any remaining successes are lost.

EH Rulebook, Acquire Assests Action wrote:
After performing an Acquire Assets action, replace any cards discarded or gained from the reserve by drawing replacement cards from the Asset deck.

EH Reference Guide, Reserve wrote:
During an Acquire Assets action, the active investigator does not replace Asset cards until the action has been completely resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.