Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Smith
United States
Alpharetta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Gang!

Just starting my Quantum addiction, and to my newb eyes, I can't help but feel some of the command cards can easily determine the outcome of the game. There is one that allows you to roll twice during combat, and one that allows you to add one to your dominance die from the research die each turn. I can't help but feel like these cards (Especially the first) could determine the outcome of the game, if drawn after placing your first cube. During a 3 player game you could all gang up on the strong player, but with two that is not an option. So do you remove any cards during 2 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
The cards are deliberately not perfectly balanced. The only reason to remove cards in a two player game is if they have a an undue effect on a two player, i.e. a single card that completely ties the game down. The mutual destruction one could be that card (sorry I don't know the names).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
In a 2 player game I remove Brilliant, Eager, and Stealthy.
On small maps where combat is unavoidable, I also remove Dangerous and Stubborn.

With only 2 players, I also balance command cards by only drawing cards of similar strengh. Here is a table showing my appreciation of the cards strength, if you want to try this approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.