Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat» Forums » General

Subject: Bets on delivery date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So w/ that latest update it sounds like most of the sculpts will be done by July. What is your prediction for receiving your ks package?

I'm guessing Spring 2015
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think that delivery in the US is possible in January/February. But since last time I expressed any kind of faith in MCG on these forums I was not treated as respectfully as it's appropriate I'll probably avoid this discussion as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'll be more specific with my guess. I'll say May 22nd, 2015
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I actually think that delivery in the US is possible in January/February. But since last time I expressed any kind of faith in MCG on these forums I was not treated as respectfully as it's appropriate I'll probably avoid this discussion as well.


ARTURO the witch!!! BURN HIM!!!!

just teasing .....so i've only backed 3 ks previously and I'm just curious on the time frame stuff.

Why do you think jan/feb? do they typically start production piece meal or wait for like 100% of the sculpts to be completed?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thegrinder wrote:
I actually think that delivery in the US is possible in January/February. But since last time I expressed any kind of faith in MCG on these forums I was not treated as respectfully as it's appropriate I'll probably avoid this discussion as well.


My guess on delivery isn't based on not having faith in MCG, but more about the nature of kickstarters, and relying on everything to go perfectly when dealing with lots of moving parts that make up the entire process. MCG can have everything on schedule on their part, but there can be something in China that holds up production. Or there can be a hold up in customs.

I hope you are right Arturo, that would certainly be pleasant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
Why do you think jan/feb? do they typically start production piece meal or wait for like 100% of the sculpts to be completed?


Unfortunately I have no insight on the process, but I have experience with several boardgame Kickstarters, so I feel like I can make an educated guess.
I think january is possible because there might be enough time between now and then for them to make the game, and because I hope that the delays that they experienced with their previous KS campaign (which shall not be named) might have taught them some lessons.

Hahma wrote:
My guess on delivery isn't based on not having faith in MCG, but more about the nature of kickstarters, and relying on everything to go perfectly when dealing with lots of moving parts that make up the entire process. MCG can have everything on schedule on their part, but there can be something in China that holds up production. Or there can be a hold up in customs.

I hope you are right Arturo, that would certainly be pleasant.


You're right, Kickstarters tend to run late, and this one probably will too. What I meant is that I think that january 2015 is actually a quite realistic date (based on what I've seen so far). Other campaigns had estimates that were just impossible (eg Battlecon: Devastation was supposed to arrive 6 months after the KS ended).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Well I'll be more specific with my guess. I'll say May 22nd, 2015


It'll be my birthday, so I'm ok with the game being delivered at this date.

I'm guessing 3~4 months delay, since now they have some experience.
CMON does KS for every game they do and still get some delay (3 months on Kaosball, which is arriving this week or the next one for me)... It's impossible to deliver when they say.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Well I'll be more specific with my guess. I'll say May 22nd, 2015


I am betting that it will be at the end of May 2015... but hoping for an earlier delivery.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having backed a few other boardgame kickstarters, some of whom have yet to deliver, I am assuming at least six months late. So May or June sounds about right.

Even with the best of intentions, most of these companies are small and inexperienced, and a KS that is wildly successful like MERCs is often too much for them to handle logistically.

Mind, I'd like to be proven wrong about this and see the January 2015 date met. Prior KS experience makes me pessimistic however.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'm going to guess sometime during the second calendar quarter of 2015. In their last update they optimistically estimated that they would have 80% of the entire KS sculpted by the end of July. That leaves them six months to finish the other 20% + whatever else gets unlocked through the PM, manufacture everything, ship overseas to their warehouse (and reship to their international distributor), package, and then ship to us. I'm just not sure that is feasible. We already saw with Myth how issues with just a few figures can cause a major delay. I think Q2 2015 is actually a bit optimistic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fade2Gray wrote:
I'm going to guess sometime during the second calendar quarter of 2015. In their last update they optimistically estimated that they would have 80% of the entire KS sculpted by the end of July. That leaves them six months to finish the other 20% + whatever else gets unlocked through the PM, manufacture everything, ship overseas to their warehouse (and reship to their international distributor), package, and then ship to us. I'm just not sure that is feasible. We already saw with Myth how issues with just a few figures can cause a major delay. I think Q2 2015 is actually a bit optimistic.


You're right, the last update wasn't very incouraging...

I hope that the delay will be under 6 months.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sterling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope that they ship the TT book and CONFLICT early. That would keep me very busy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fade2Gray wrote:
I'm going to guess sometime during the second calendar quarter of 2015. In their last update they optimistically estimated that they would have 80% of the entire KS sculpted by the end of July. That leaves them six months to finish the other 20% + whatever else gets unlocked through the PM, manufacture everything, ship overseas to their warehouse (and reship to their international distributor), package, and then ship to us. I'm just not sure that is feasible. We already saw with Myth how issues with just a few figures can cause a major delay. I think Q2 2015 is actually a bit optimistic.

Yup, having the sculpts finished is not the time consuming part when producing plastic figures, turning those sculpts into working molds and producing the figures is what costs time. Usually that is a process that takes at least four months and can easily take more.

So when MCG tells us they have all the sculpts done we can add six months to get those into production (if all runs reasonably well). Then we have to consider packaging, chinese new year, shipping, customs, aso.

Q2 2015 is indeed an optimistic guess. If there are problems we could easily slip into Q3 or even Q4.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.