Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Flowerpower» Forums » General

Subject: Did Kosmos have this game printed in Korea? Or distribute it to Korea? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going through the historical sales data

http://spielboy.com/GeekPrices.php?gameID=1545

and noticed a lot of "new" copies were sold, and two of the 6 active listings (and the only "new" copies) are from a couple sellers in Korea. On my count a total of 15 copies.

Just curious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
milpitas
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the vast majority of ebay auctions for flowerpower are also listed from korea. i have no idea why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lonnie913 wrote:
the vast majority of ebay auctions for flowerpower are also listed from korea. i have no idea why.

Proximity to Chinese copyright pirates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
lonnie913 wrote:

Proximity to Chinese copyright pirates?

I at 1st thought pirate copies but these are being sold out of Korea, not Hong Kong??

Out of curiosity anyone buy via bgg or ebay from a Korean seller? Does your copy look legit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's me. I bought Flowerpower via eBay from a Korean seller late last year and I was very satisfied with quality, shipping and price. If my copy was counterfeit, it was a VERY convincing job. Mine looks totally legit and so it seems is the seller I bought from (forget his name/ID).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine from ragenet (I think he's active both here and on eBay). I can't attest to the quality, it's still in shrink.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I recall, in the mid-2000's, there were several channels (or course, official channels) that sold Kosmos 2-player series in Korea. A couple of them imported a large quantity of the series, hoping that they could make huge returns. Unfortunately, they were not as successful as they wished to be. You can still find old Kosmos 2-player titles quite easily in Korea. I believe they are leftovers from a miscalculated business plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y K
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krit1789 wrote:
As far as I recall, in the mid-2000's, there were several channels (or course, official channels) that sold Kosmos 2-player series in Korea. A couple of them imported a large quantity of the series, hoping that they could make huge returns. Unfortunately, they were not as successful as they wished to be. You can still find old Kosmos 2-player titles quite easily in Korea. I believe they are leftovers from a miscalculated business plan.

T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
made me realize that this does not hold true any longer. Kosmos two-player series might be readily available in Korea around 2009, but that is not the case now in 2014. Also, one of the first board game retailers in Korea totally went out of business. There are several new/remaining ones, though…
www.divedice.com
www.boardm.co.kr
www.weefun.co.kr
None of them have Flowerpower in stock. But used as well as mint copies occasionally appear in the second-hand market.
http://www.divedice.com/shop/gboard/bbs/board.php?bo_table=m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.