Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm almost done with my 2nd Ed tileset, but as I was looking at recreating some maps from the core set, I noticed some of the tokens have different colored rings around them. For example, the Lieutenants have a red ring, the search tokens have a green ring, the objective tokens have blue rings, village tokens have yellow rings, etc. So, I was wondering, should I ring the tokens in my TileSet with similar rings?

Here's an image comparison:

The first is from the QuestBook, the second is from TileSystem. I've ringed the Heroes with that golden/copper ring (similar to monsters), so I'm wondering if I should ring the tokens with a color ring? I'm also wondering if I should ring the Familiars with a color (maybe purple).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the top ones easier to read.. if thats what you mean?
with out rings danger over overlooking missing.. with rings they jump out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Kopet
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree, rings make it easier to see right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Out of curiosity, what is this for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the rings make it much easier to notice the tokens. I would add them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier wrote:
Out of curiosity, what is this for?

TileSystem is a custom map editor that was originally created for Doom: The Boardgame. It's very openended though, and you can create a custom "TileSet" for TileSystem with your own images for just about any layout system. I've created some for the D&D Games, Gears of War, etc. There exists some for Space Hulk, Descent 1st Ed, etc. I personally really like the user interface that TileSystem has and so wanted one for Descent. Once I've settled on all the images, I'll upload to the File Section of 2nd Ed's page.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
For me, the key features of Tile System are:
(1) the easy customizability, as mentioned.
(2) simple, efficient interface.
(3) the ability to create 2-sided tiles, especially handy for Descent.
(4) the way it tracks how many of each distinct tile you have, so you can build maps without fear of using too many dead ends bits, or what-have-you.

For the record, Shnar, I like the tokens better with the coloured rings, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.