Arvils Feldmanis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well, i would suggest for you This site

cardgamedb.com

There are a lot of articles about SW, netrunner, and other Card games.

And you can there make your deck or make some deck wich you would like and check it out.

They have all cards listed from all expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling
flag msg tools
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
badge
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy 2 copies of the core set and Edge of Darkness. Then start with the new force packs Heroes and Legends and Lure of the Dark Side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grissomspacesuit wrote:
Hello!

I just got the game this weekend and played it almost non-stop with my friends. I really love it.

Anyway, while my first purchase following the Core will be a copy of Edge of Darkness, I was wondering what Force Packs would be recommended to get first? If it helps, I'm partial to a Rebel Alliance/Smugglers & Spies deck.

I'll second the Heroes and Legends and Lure... but...

Nearly every pack of the Hoth Cycle added more Rebel and Smuggler pods. (There's ten total, five of each, spread over six packs.) Here's the thing, every Rebel pod, except the final one, packs in cards towards building a Snowspeeder/Battle of Hoth theme. You get the Rogue squadron speeders, Wedge, and (if you're willing to splash Jedi) a pilot version of Luke from the Battle of Hoth. Rebels also get a version of Han as part of the evacuation from Hoth.

The Smuggler pods might be a little more of a personal choice. They add the Renegade Squadron from (I believe) the Battlefront games, so that's Col Serra, and his troopers. It's a completely different kind of Smuggler faction from the one you see in Edge of Darkness, with more of a special forces feel. So, that might actually appeal to you.

Sith get the Executor late in the cycle. Navy get a version of Vader early on. He's slightly weaker (by icons) than the Sith version, but he makes up for it with an effect that mimic's Imperial Command's Orbital Bombardment. Navy also get AT-ATs, a lot of cards that make Walker and Trooper decks more viable, and non-unique Star Destroyers.

Scum and Jedi get a few good pods, but not a lot of good stuff. In fact, my Jedi deck didn't change after Core until Heroes and Legends came out.

Heroes and Legends adds a Jedi affiliation Kyle Katarn (from the Dark Forces and Jedi Knight games). Lure of the Dark Side adds Mara Jade and Dash Rendar (from Shadows of the Empire).

I wouldn't recommend it if you're only doing 1 on 1, but Balance of the Force adds multiplayer rules and Archenemy format decks for 1v2 or 1v3. It also coughs up B-Wings, Dash Rendar, Mara Jade, a new version of Obi-Wan... Navy and Scum get... some neat-ish stuff, I guess, but it lacks any real name recognition. (Dengar's ship, the Punishing One, and the Star Destroyer Thunderflare, if you're curious.) Though, B-Wings seriously rock. (Note: The versions of Mara and Dash are different from the ones in Lure of the Dark Side. Also, all the Balance pods are limited to one per deck, so buying a second copy is pointless.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.