Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several times, all with three players, but only the last couple with the correct symbol rules. The games works, and we've enjoyed playing.

Some random jottings and questions:

If I've got the Wholesailor, who keeps 1 of each good sold, and a building with a warehouse symbol, how many shipped goods do I keep?

The roles are imbalanced; that's probably unavoidable. The roles which keeps goods are much the best, and The Contractor is so appallingly poor I feel I must be missing something there.

What's a "Masoner's Hall"? My wedding reception was in a "Masonic Hall"; is this supposedly the same thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume you would keep 4 goods in your case (well, see Scott's post below...he said it much better...and I meant to say 5 instead of 4blush ).

As for the roles being unbalanced, I would have to agree...made a difference in my two player game. Some definitely seem much more desirable...although I would argue that the Clockwork Tradesman is the worst on in the bunch. Some of them also give you two symbols to work with instead of one, but I'm not sure how to value anchors, as its situational to what cards come out and when.

Enjoyed my play though, and hope to play some more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the wholesailor, you keep one of each. Then, in your example, you can keep one extra of your choice because of the Warehouse.

For the roles, we're still making some tweaks previous to launch. (One of the many benefits of the PnP) in fact, Andy Van Zandt has joined the TMG team and is helping with some new characters and balancing the old ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.