Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Scranton
United States
Oak Brook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone had any experience with trying to submit and process their event wishlists from GenCon via a smartphone? I'm not going to be at home when event registration goes live on Sunday morning and I want to make sure I have a shot at getting in the events I'm interested in. Just curious if I need to figure out a way to get connected with a laptop. Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have done it the last 2 years on my iPhone. They always schedule registration the same weekend I am sitting in the infield at Indianapolis Motor Speedway watching qualifying for the Indy 500. The first year I forgot about the start time so got in the queue about 20 minutes after it opened. Last year I jumped on about ten minutes before start time and got a spot in the queue around spot 1,200 when it opened. I got a good portion of what I wanted too but I will admit I was not going for high demand events like the D&D all access, True Dungeon or something like that. I was happy enough with how it turned out though. The next day I went and plugged up holes and picked up other events after the first pass through so to speak on a real computer.

I will be doing the same thing again this sunday and I have no concerns at all about there being an issue and doing it this way. I think the important thing is to have your wishlist set with backups so you get enough things you want from the prime availability and you should be good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scranton
United States
Oak Brook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shiny! Thanks for the info. I was definitely planning on having everything mapped out and wishlisted ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G N
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it go for you? I punched the submit wishlist button right when it appeared and got in at number 3,377. I didn't have super high hopes at that point but I got about 35% - 40% of what I was asking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Scranton
United States
Oak Brook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Functionally, the phone worked great. I was registering on 2 phones for myself and my wife. I ended up as about 1,800 in line on one of the phones and 2,700 on the other. Unfortunately, that wasn't good enough to get into any of the RPG's I was trying for. Thanks again for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.