Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that this is an old iteration of the system rules but I don't have the counters to upgrade. So, in case anyone else is playing this version -
What do you do with brigades that have left 'reinforcement strategic move' but whose Division commander is absent ie. not on the map? How do they activate? The rules speak about 'out of command' but only mention 'unit's (ie. Regiments I think) in this regard - those units out of Brigadier command range.
What should I do? Treat every unit in the brigade as individually out of command or treat the division commander as available and put his LIM in for drawing then treat his brigadiers as out of range?

Thank you in advance in case anyone answers this.
Jonathan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the newer versions they,
The brigade(s) in question gets one (1) less "AM"(LIM) available to its from its parent corp commander and an "Out of Command" marker is placed on the brigadier.
Did or do you roll to take the brigade out of Strategic Movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Strategic movement is removed by choice, or because the enemy moves too close, at the beginning of the turn.
I have finally figured my question out (is it because Mr. Berg trained as a lawyer that his rules can be awkwardly arranged , convoluted in explanation and left open to interpretation?) Only on-map leaders get LIMs pooled, and without an on-map Army Commander everyone is at Reduced Efficiency barring Brigadiers who successfully roll for it.
But why wasn't it simply written that way somewhere? I have to assume a lawyer may not appreciate that other minds are not trained the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep in mind that this first edition is a broken and without the adapter (2000), kit it will play broken.
If you are familiar with GBACW series you may want to try using the earlier rules.
They are 20min turns as well and with some miner house rules it could play very well.
The newer games are hourly with 3 to 4 chit-pulls (LIM's), per division.
good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I was under the impression that the first ed. Command rules were not liked, I hadn't got that they were broken. Could you say why or show me where to look for discussion. Is it a matter of being unable to perform historical maneuvers and coordination?
And if so is the game still relatively balanced between the sides despite that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agip wrote:
Oh! I was under the impression that the first ed. Command rules were not liked, I hadn't got that they were broken. Could you say why or show me where to look for discussion. Is it a matter of being unable to perform historical maneuvers and coordination?
And if so is the game still relatively balanced between the sides despite that?
I would try Consim World and there might be some early posts on this site.
As far as I recall the issue is in the LIM's system itself and the time table.
I personally did not even get to play the 1995 edition to any lengh. Just moving the first days pieces around getting a feel for the games Movement, Terrain and Fire.
When I heard there was an "Adapter kit 2000", then I started playing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.