Popular Tags: [View All]
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having a rough time teaching Dungeon Dice to various friends and family members (not a lot of gamers or people familiar with RPG tropes in my life currently), so now that I've got a quick icon reference that makes me happy, I turned my attention to a simple playmat:

Playmat (with turn reference)

My goal with this was not to create something you would want to use every time you play ad nauseum, but rather to create something that would make the basic dice usage logic and turn order easier to teach (I really wish Potluck hadn't chosen a shield for the armor icon; it would be so much easier to explain that people can have one armor and two hands worth of weapons if it were a helm or something else that doesn't require a hand in real life).

I'd love to hear if folks have any feedback! I have not had a chance to try the playmat in an actual game yet, but laying some dice out on it at home seems to work pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lawrence
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mb
Nicely done, Skaak. A great tool for introducing people to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It's great having that info right in front of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.