BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: creating my own game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob dawson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
just recently I have been spending a lot of time creating a strategy board game I thought up, which I call line warriors. I do not have the tools, to make a nice wooden board or pieces, but have a working prototype, with just paper pieces and board. I would like to know how to get my game published if possible, or if it needs further testing first how I would go about that. (the only testing I have had with it is with one of my friends) Also, if I explained all the rules and mechanics of my game in another post, what is to stop somebody else from copying it and taking credit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Head on over to bgdf.com and start there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also, since you say that you're working in paper at the moment, you may want to check out this new item from Eagle Games:

Game Designer Toolkit

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/24246

Also, for some already-ready boards, don't overlook crap thrift store finds. I've picked up a couple of games with the intent to get rid of their regular contents and paste-over the board and box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.