Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title suggests, the question is, would swapping one tactical drone for another refresh the number of drones (back to 4)?

In other words, instead of using 7 of 9 to replenish drone tokens, can you use switch between two tactical drones to replenish the token count as needed?

I am just thinking, that would be handy...

DANVAN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Tactical Drone on the sideboard is present at the start of the game -- just not on a ship -- he should get his drone tokens, and have them follow him when he swaps in.

Of course, you wouldn't be able to do it a second time by bringing the first one back in (as his are obviously still depleted).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Yeah, Tokens are placed "at the beginning of the game" so I don't see any interpretation that would refresh them by moving him to the sideboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
6) If a captain or Upgrade which is currently affected by a game effect (i.e. a critical damage card, disabled token, etc.) is moved to a player's sideboard, that captain or upgrade is no longer affected by that game effect. NOTE: if the game effect is a critical damage card, flip the critical damage card face down and leave it with the ship."

I was thinking the depleting of the drone tokens counted as a token effect not unlike a disabled token whose effect is removed when a captain or upgrade is placed on the sideboard. The taking away of drone tokens happens in game and is therefore (arguably) a game effect that is removed by the side board.

I suppose if that logic worked, I could swap between two sets of ablative armor and refresh them indefinitely. Yeah I guess that isn't going to happen either.

But that makes me wonder (given the text) if you side boarded a card that was disabled via assimilation, if you could put it back unassimilated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danvan wrote:

But that makes me wonder (given the text) if you side boarded a card that was disabled via assimilation, if you could put it back unassimilated?

You mean the Borg put it on their sideboard and bring it back out re-enabled? That should work, though it would be more efficient to just re-enable it.

If you're referring to the assimilated upgrade's original owner, no -- as they no longer have it to put on their sideboard. Its on the Borg ship, not theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.