D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been working on compiling and processing the data from the Midpoint Snapshot threads that Mike started on the Paizo and BGG forums.

In doing so, I’ve noticed a few issues that people seem to be having trouble with, so just wanted to point them out here so people can double/triple/quadruple-check to make sure that they’re not unintentionally altering the game experience.

First, after completing Hook Mountain Massacre, you should have no more than 4 Skill Feats, 4 Power Feats, and 3 Card Feats.

These feats are gained by successfully and fully completing the scenarios, adventures, and the adventure path as follows:

Skill Feat: Complete the Adventure: Perils of the Lost Coast

Skill Feat: Complete Scenario 1a: Attack on Sandpoint
Power Feat: Complete Scenario 1c: Trouble in Sandpoint
Card Feat: Complete Adventure 1: Burnt Offerings

Power Feat: Complete Scenario 2a: Undead Uprising
Skill Feat: Complete Scenario 2c: Foul Misgivings
Card Feat: Complete Adventure 2: The Skinsaw Murders

Skill Feat: Complete Scenario 3a: Them Ogres Ain’t Right
Card Feat: Complete Scenario 3b: The Fort in Peril
Power Feat: Complete Scenario 3d: Battle at the Dam
Power Feat: Complete Adventure 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre (This also rewards the Role Card choice)

Beyond The Hook Mountain Massacre adventure, the feats are gained as follows:

Power Feat: Complete Scenario 4a: Sandpoint Under Siege
Card Feat: Complete Scenario 4b: Jorgenfist
Skill Feat: Complete Scenario 4d: Under Jorgenfist
Card Feat: Complete Adventure 4: Fortress of the Stone Giants

Power Feat: Complete Scenario 5c: The Halls of Seduction
Card Feat: Complete Adventure 5: Sins of the Saviors

Feat rewards for Spires of Xin-Shalast is TBA as of this post.

Card Feat: Complete the Adventure Path: Rise of the Runelords

As soon as you gain a feat, you gain its benefits. This includes available card slots when a Card Feat is gained and its type is chosen. This slot is now available to be filled during the deck-rebuilding after the scenario in which the feat was gained.

Also, as I was reminded from a post below of something I forgot to mention:
eddiephlash wrote:
Also of note:
You only gain the feat/reward the first time you complete each scenario.

Okay, enough about feats, let us talk about cards.

After each scenario, characters rebuild their decks based on the information on their character cards.
A character’s deck should not have more cards of each type than his/her character card says the deck should have (including card feats).
A character’s deck should not have less cards of each type than his/her character card says the deck should have (including card feats).
Loot cards count towards their associated card type, they are not ‘extra’ or added ‘in addition’ to your regular allotment of cards. For example, the Sihedron Medallion is a Loot card; however, it counts as a card of type Item for the sake of deck reconstruction.
Each individual Card counts as a Card against your allotment, even if it shares the name of another Card you have. If you have 2 Cure Spell Cards, that takes up 2 Spell Card slots in your deck.

Lastly, when rebuilding your decks, once you start The Hook Mountain Massacre adventure, after a scenario, living characters may only go to the box and select any card from the adventure number-2 IF AND ONLY IF that character cannot fulfill the deck requirements as set forth on his/her character card. The character must try to fill all current slots with any cards that the party has as a group. If the character is missing a Spell Card but someone else in the group has a Spell Card available that he/she is not going to keep, then the character must take that Spell Card as long as it is available. Only if there are not enough cards of the specific type left over can the box be visited.

Dead/Remade and New characters may search the box as per normal rules to create his/her deck, but keep in mind that the new character does not have general access to the cards leftover from the last scenario that the rest of the party took part in. Those cards are returned to the box after all surviving characters are done rebuilding their decks, and access is lost to the new character. If some of those cards happen to have been adventure #-2, then those are available, but any others cannot be chosen.

At no point can cards be freely traded with the box unless an actual effect says so. Characters cannot pick and choose to give up cards from their deck to go searching the box for a card of the same type just because they feel like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Janes
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Also of note:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddiephlash wrote:
Also of note:
Yep, I knew I was forgetting something important, thanks for the reminder, I added it in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it too late to submit this information? I forgot until your post reminded me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Is it too late to submit this information? I forgot until your post reminded me.
I don't know if Paizo is still compiling data from the threads, but the threads are still up and posts can be added to them.

Just make sure and post in one or the other, not both, as Paizo didn't want double-posted characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.