Subject: Multiple shots in fire phase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can take multiple shots in the fire phase. (1-4)
But I seem to recall (I read the rules before the game was out so I am not sure) that you cannot check LoS, until you say how many shots you will take; even though in DoAI you can check LoS at any time. is this right, or am I still crazy?

Thanks in advance
-Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
The rules said that you first call out how many shots you will take to determine the malus. Then you check LoS. If LoS is blocked, the shoot will not hit, but the total malus is still active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's the rule. I house rule it when I can. With such a steep penalty to hit, not checking LOS first seems a little crazy. I'm guessing the intention is not to slow the game down, but it doesn't take that long to check LOS. Plus, if LOS isn't obvious, you're probably going to have to discuss it anyway. In the end, unless you got a crazy good character and weapon, multiple shots in the fire phase doesn't happen that often. Not as often as I'd like it to anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.