United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone posted these on the FFG forums earlier today. It looks likely a shop owner busted open an Imdaar Alpha kit early...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Vegas
msg tools
mb
Wow,
so you can't outmaneuver dangerous attack-skills (like Wedge, Coran) anymore... just pass them to Tarn Mison for example shake

And there will be a lot Falcons stealing Biggs skills.

Quo vadis, FFG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marky B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Decoy allows you to swap pilot skills, not inate pilot abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SirTycho wrote:
Wow,
so you can't outmaneuver dangerous attack-skills (like Wedge, Coran) anymore... just pass them to Tarn Mison for example shake

And there will be a lot Falcons stealing Biggs skills.

Quo vadis, FFG...
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Vegas
msg tools
mb
Oh, well. Misread it. modest

In that case, both cards aren't very impressive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think about it, Tactician goes rather well with Kath Scarlet's Firespray considering she has two firing arcs and already has her ability to give stress tokens...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
add cluster missiles and flechette torps (slave 1) to Kath + Tactician for two rounds of double stressing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually rather liking the Tactician. There are so many options to dole out stress now. And in epic, a Tactician in a CR90 with many Quad Laser Cannons should be able to stress half the opposing fleet in conjunction with their Jam action and perhaps a Frequency Jammer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also like Tactician. There are lots of abilities that require Range 1 (Mauler Mithel, Autoblaster, Carnor Jax, etc) and Mercenary Copilot triggers at Range 3. Now we have something that cares about (and rewards you for) Range 2, which is a pretty big band for Large ships and especially turrets...

If the B-wing' screw expansion upgrade is cheap enough, maybe it's possible to build a squad with 2x Blue Squad + Tactician + Adv Sensors and 2x Ion Cannon Turrets (on either Y-wings or HWK's).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like tactition as well. 2 points, range 2, not an action and no drawbacks. On a shuttle alongside rebel captive, might be a good way to inturrupt opponents.
Though, an Omicron+Engine+Advance Sensors+Tactition+captive costs 33 points.

Haven't come up with an Imperial use for Decoy yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DiMaggio
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Also like Tactician. There are lots of abilities that require Range 1 (Mauler Mithel, Autoblaster, Carnor Jax, etc) and Mercenary Copilot triggers at Range 3. Now we have something that cares about (and rewards you for) Range 2, which is a pretty big band for Large ships and especially turrets...

If the B-wing' screw expansion upgrade is cheap enough, maybe it's possible to build a squad with 2x Blue Squad + Tactician + Adv Sensors and 2x Ion Cannon Turrets (on either Y-wings or HWK's).

On a similar note, I like Decoy's expansion of range (compared to swarm tactics) out to range 2. A further move by FFG to push the meta away from strict formation flying. I quite like this on ships with Ion Turrets as I much prefer to have Ion weapons fire last just in case a ship is at 1 hp left, you can opt to finish it off with the Ion weapon rather than "waste" the shot in the middle of your firing order. I could see this helping the HWK a bit, notably Kyle and Jan. Whether that'll make them competitive in 100 pt. matches is another story. This might see more use in epic games than dog-fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactition on Han can also seriously spoil the day of a Phantom that finds itself at range 2, if he fires first they cannot re-cloak using Advance Cloaking. Even if they are cloaked their dial isn't the best, making it hard to clear the stress and stay out of many firing arcs.

It would also seriously hamper the actions of a Defender, forcing it to move in a straight line if it wants actions.

Here I was hoping tactition would be an upgrade that helps combat the falcon.

Inside firing arc. Duh. Finally an upgrade that doesn't boost the falcon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Foolierthanthou wrote:

I'm not sure I follow. According to the rules Pilot Skill is the pilot skill number.

This doesn't say anything about the abilities elite or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Foolierthanthou wrote:

I'm not sure I follow. According to the rules Pilot Skill is the pilot skill number.

This doesn't say anything about the abilities elite or otherwise.

I think we're on the same page now:

Han Solo + Decoy could choose not to shoot first, swapping skill with a lower skilled (number) pilot
although he *did* *shoot* *first*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rithrin wrote:
Actually rather liking the Tactician. There are so many options to dole out stress now. And in epic, a Tactician in a CR90 with many Quad Laser Cannons should be able to stress half the opposing fleet in conjunction with their Jam action and perhaps a Frequency Jammer.

The CR90 doesn't get Jam, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
Rithrin wrote:

Pretty sure the fore section jams, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
anextiomarus wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:
Rithrin wrote:

Nope. The fore section has Coordinate and Target Lock, while the aft has Recover and Reinforce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
anextiomarus wrote:
Dr Lucky wrote:
Rithrin wrote:

Nope. The fore section has Coordinate and Target Lock, while the aft has Recover and Reinforce.

Ah that's what I get for referencing voidstate's builder. He has Jam and Coordinate action icons mislabeled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
SirTycho wrote:
Oh, well. Misread it. modest

In that case, both cards aren't very impressive.
I misread it the same way. I was turbo excited to have Arvel giving his ability away on the fly to anyone in contact. The balancing issues with that kind of a card would be enormous.

I'm thinking Han with Decoy will be a great pair. Pick whoever has the most opportune range 1 shot and let them shoot first. Now "Han-shoots-first" becomes "Whoever-the-hell-i-want-shoots-first"

I realize swarm tactics is slightly better and at the same price, but range 1-2 is so much more valuable in my opinion. Speaking as a HWK player with all those range 1-3 abilities.

iNano78 wrote:
I think we're on the same page now:

Han Solo + Decoy could choose not to shoot first, swapping skill with a lower skilled (number) pilot
although he *did* *shoot* *first*
ninjaninjaninja There i go commenting before i read the whole thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
Two tacticians on a shuttle, and an Ion-cannon to go with that. Double stressed and ionized, fun times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fab Cat
msg tools
Hello,

I updated the Fab's squadrons generator with these information !

http://fabpsb.free.fr

bye !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This Tactician card is great. Imagine putting it on a Phantom so that you stress your opponent and then while they clear the stress you close in for the kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anextiomarus wrote:
Ah that's what I get for referencing voidstate's builder. He has Jam and Coordinate action icons mislabeled.

Oops. blush

That's fixed now...

Oh, and I've added these cards and the E-Wing's manoeuvre dial, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." - Tolstoy
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I think of Decoy, the more I like it.

I think it's best on a high PS flanker that can get out of arc, like Tycho or Han Solo + Engine.

With Han you can boost or barrel roll out of arc and then use decoy to bump up one of his low PS wingmen. It can mean the difference of getting an extra 3 dice attack out before the ship gets blown away. One of the real problems with a Han list is that there is not that much offense. If you can get an extra attack out per wingman, that more than pays for the card.

I also like this card on Tycho. With Chardaan refit, you can give him PTL and Decoy is free. Often a strategy against Tycho is just to ignore him, but if he's making someone a PS8 every turn, he is even more of a pain in the rear (or side if he's flanking... pun ftw!).

The 1-2 range on this card is great. Tycho can still flank and someone should be in range. Measuring from a YT base, range 1-2 is quite a large radius.

I'm not too hyped on Tactician. Mercenary Co-pilot is restricted to a single range band as well. I've tried him out and didn't like him. How many times do you think Tactician can trigger reliably? Maybe on Kath it will stack well.

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud. I have to play with the cards and see what they do. I do think they are priced well and the art is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
the phantom ought to be capable of range control
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls