Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, spent lots of money on the Kickstarter and now if I want new extras for the game I have to shell out nearly £40 for a subscription to a magazine, so I'm guessing these new units will not be available to buy on the website?.

Also Issue no. 0 says it has "1 punchboard replacement for tokens with errors". I hope this isn't meaning that if I want to get the correct tokens for the ones that where wrong in the base game and add-ons I have to subscribe to get them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
Also Issue no. 0 says it has "1 punchboard replacement for tokens with errors". I hope this isn't meaning that if I want to get the correct tokens for the ones that where wrong in the base game and add-ons I have to subscribe to get them?

This is a question that NEEDS to be answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so that averages to almost 9.4 pounds for each issue. Each punch board on their website goes for 8 pound, meaning you're paying around 1.4 pound for 4 - 6 page of scenarios and stuff. It also comes with free international shipping, so overall pretty worth it just for the punch boards I would say.

The errata sheets should definitely go out to everyone regardless of whether they subscribe or though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a bit more content for the price, e.g. strategy and tactics discussions, reviews, what new is coming up, etc. After all we would effectively be paying well in advance for the punchboards, so if it is being presented as a magazine rather than a pre-order for punchboards make it a proper one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, they're milking this cow for all its worth! wow

I really hope we aren't going to have to pay for the fix pack. I have to admit a small regret to spending $400+ on the game considering they are being very aggressive with add-ons. Being a completionist is making this game very expensive! Might have to control myself and just let go of owning everything. cry

EDIT- I did ask on the KS comments section 5 days ago about the fix pack but my question was ignored. I don't think that's a good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mb
dumpty wrote:
Rindel wrote:

This is a question that NEEDS to be answered.

You are right I am with here.

Otherwise I am looking forward to new scenario and rules variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's less than 3% of missprinted tokens. Most of the mistakes doesn't ruin the game. Wrong Officer name, missing skull on 2 tokens but the name writen in red tells that the unit took a hit, some tokens with the wrong back and no victory points on a tile. On more than 600 tokens.
The main issue is a MiA token but it doesn't prevent from playing the scenarios.
We're working on a way to provide the erratas sheet to everyone. If not for free (except with the Devil Pig News) at least for a very cheap price to cover the production cost. And a printable file is already available on our website and will be updated.
And if the gazette is a success, we will make it bigger. We already did that on some products and will do it again. The next scenarios packs (Carentan, Pegasus Bridge and Sainte mère église) will be bigger than expected at first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:
There's less than 3% of missprinted tokens. Most of the mistakes doesn't ruin the game. Wrong Officer name, missing skull on 2 tokens but the name writen in red tells that the unit took a hit, some tokens with the wrong back and no victory points on a tile. On more than 600 tokens.
The main issue is a MiA token but it doesn't prevent from playing the scenarios.
We're working on a way to provide the erratas sheet to everyone. If not for free (except with the Devil Pig News) at least for a very cheap price to cover the production cost. And a printable file is already available on our website and will be updated.
And if the gazette is a success, we will make it bigger. We already did that on some products and will do it again. The next scenarios packs (Carentan, Pegasus Bridge and Sainte mère église) will be bigger than expected at first.

What changes to your QC process are you making so that the 'bigger than expected' scenarios and other items still owed to the KS backers don't suffer a 3% error rate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clem: doesn't that make the first gazette a bit superfluous for most owners? I mean, if the punchboard replaces errors, but only 3% have errors, then most people don't need it?

Ah, or does it mean only 3% of the whole is erroneous? And so only a few things need replacing? What else is on the gazette punchboards then?

What about current pre-orders? If you order NOW, via DPG's website, will I need the fix?

As for the expansions: you call it milking, I call it support! The system is great and I like the fact that you can chose how to expand on it rather than have to shell out for a single big box expansion, which is what most other publishers do and everyone loves it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:

Clem, I'm trying to be very clear on this. Are you saying hard copy fixes for the misprints will be available without having to subscribe to The Gazette?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the punchboards that come with the Gazette only be available that way, or will they be purchasable through the shop? Conversely will there be other punchboards not featured in the Gazette which can be purchased through the shop?

Not asking this in a critical way, just wanting information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:

I know there is only a small number of errors in printing but this explanation is not going to go well with some of your backers. While most of the error are indeed small(missing red skull etc), there is at least 3 that I remember might constitute to a big problem. 2 of the exclusive tokens came with wrong backs (have to slice them up and switch them around) and 1 used a much lower resolution picture than normal. Tokens in this game is the bread and butter and this is almost comparable to a miscasted miniature. Now I know there are bound to be some errors in 600+ tokens but when we brought the game it was suppose to come with 600+ tokens, not 600+ with a 3% chance of error.

This is not really an issue for me as I'll probably buy the gazette but I'm just saying what others might think of this.

Also I just realised gazette 0 punch board is just the errata punch board, which makes this deal slightly worse than I thought initially as this puts the gazette at about 12 pounds for 4 pages and a punch board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind paying a nominal fee to get an errata countersheet. But I don't want to have to pay 47 euros for a whole pile of extra HoN content - when my kickstarter package arrives I'll have more than enough to keep me busy for a long time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:
I don't mind paying a nominal fee to get an errata countersheet. But I don't want to have to pay 47 euros for a whole pile of extra HoN content - when my kickstarter package arrives I'll have more than enough to keep me busy for a long time...

Allright!! Someone else in Auckland getting it - great - will be in touch ......whenever it arrives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:

This is certainly true for me what with kids and work I haven't managed to get through all the basic box scenarios yet let alone any of the extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The erratas sheet will be available on our webstore.
Each issue of the gazette will have a limited additional amount of copies also available on our webstore. So you don't need to subscribe for the whole thing. But you'll have to be reactive.
And i go back to my coffee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Jherek Carnelian wrote:
alexgrant wrote:

Allright!! Someone else in Auckland getting it - great - will be in touch ......whenever it arrives

Let's hope it's good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
alexgrant wrote:
I don't mind paying a nominal fee to get an errata countersheet.

I agree. Most wargame companies don't even offer errata countersheets or components -- you usually have to wait for a reprint -- so just to have it available is nice, even if I have to pay a little for it.

I'll probably subscribe, though, as long as I'm happy with the first release when it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK not 100% sure of this but I'm in, my commitment to HoN is becoming absolute. Here's hoping the Gazette lives up to expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Issue 2 mentions Hobart's funnies which I thought were a stretch goal at the £90 pledge and higher level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Footoomba wrote:
Issue 2 mentions Hobart's funnies which I thought were a stretch goal at the £90 pledge and higher level

Not seeing it.
Where is that listed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the KS page and scroll down to the stretch goals. There is one for the "British Captain & Extra Vehicles Set". At the bottom of that graphic is a black section with red writing which lists "1 Hobart's Funnies".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comicbook Hero
msg tools
I think that was a Churchill AVRE petard and it did come with the stretch goals. I'll need to check when I get home.

I think that DPG should be congratulated with the support they are giving the game. The gazette looks like a great idea.

CBH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
Look at the KS page and scroll down to the stretch goals. There is one for the "British Captain & Extra Vehicles Set". At the bottom of that graphic is a black section with red writing which lists "1 Hobart's Funnies".

So did we get the Hobarts Funnies or have they now been put into the magazine instead? With everything we got at £90 I can't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.