Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Aaron, Dave and Lincoln play Steam Park from designers Lorenzo Silva, Lorenzo Tucci Sorrentino and Aureliano Buonfino and published by IELLO and Cranio Creations.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy S
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've had my eye on this one. Definitely glad to see it played on Game Night. How does it play with less than 4 players? Is it still fun with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very enjoyable game and one i'm glad I picked it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb
Squirrelinabox wrote:
I've had my eye on this one. Definitely glad to see it played on Game Night. How does it play with less than 4 players? Is it still fun with 2?

The game is a lot tougher for 2. The first and the last place tiles are left in the game and it is a 6 dirt difference between them and if someone just rolls once and grabs first place the difference in dirt will win the game for them. Maybe if 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd were the tiles used the game would probably be more satisfying for 2.

Lincoln
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Willis
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been curious about this game recently, so great timing. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for this timely episode! I cracked open my still in shrink copy today and brought it to my game night tonight, and was able to explain and play it with no problem, thanks to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmb
Squirrelinabox wrote:

heccubus wrote:
Squirrelinabox wrote:

The game is a lot tougher for 2. The first and the last place tiles are left in the game and it is a 6 dirt difference between them and if someone just rolls once and grabs first place the difference in dirt will win the game for them. Maybe if 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd were the tiles used the game would probably be more satisfying for 2.

Lincoln

Check Rahdo´s runthrough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Schira
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, especially if you like theme parks and roller coasters. I think you making videos of the games i bought at Spiel 2014 in this season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy S
United States
California
flag msg tools
heccubus wrote:
Squirrelinabox wrote:

Lincoln

Good to know. Definitely think it'd probably be best with using the 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd because as you said, a 6 dirt difference would be pretty overwhelming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Harris
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Squirrelinabox wrote:
heccubus wrote:
Squirrelinabox wrote:

Lincoln

Good to know. Definitely think it'd probably be best with using the 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd because as you said, a 6 dirt difference would be pretty overwhelming.

This is hands-down my wife's favorite game and we play almost exclusively two player. The 6-dirt difference between first and last is a big swing in a round, but not insurmountable. Especially considering that once the first player rushes to take the card, the second player can then take their time and be very strategic with their remaining re-rolls. I often find that I rush to get the 1st player most rounds and she'll still beat me even with taking the extra dirt. It's definitely very enjoyable with two.

The one major difference that sticks out to us with two is that there isn't as much competition for the rides and stands (since all of these stay available and there are half as many people vying for them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy S
United States
California
flag msg tools
CptWilly wrote:
Squirrelinabox wrote:
heccubus wrote:
Squirrelinabox wrote:

Lincoln

This is hands-down my wife's favorite game and we play almost exclusively two player. The 6-dirt difference between first and last is a big swing in a round, but not insurmountable. Especially considering that once the first player rushes to take the card, the second player can then take their time and be very strategic with their remaining re-rolls. I often find that I rush to get the 1st player most rounds and she'll still beat me even with taking the extra dirt. It's definitely very enjoyable with two.

The one major difference that sticks out to us with two is that there isn't as much competition for the rides and stands (since all of these stay available and there are half as many people vying for them).

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I definitely think I'll be picking it up some time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Morgan
United States
Freedom
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this game looks amazing and I've heard the compenents are great quality. I'm defiantely looking to get this. So if anyone has a copy to trade, feel free to check my trades and send me a proposal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Manhattan
Illinois
flag msg tools
Diablo Fan
badge
Diablo Fan
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a reason this is a private video on YouTube? I subscribe there and usually find new videos that way. Wouldn't have seen this without seeing it on the BGG homepage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I must've pulled down and selected unlisted instead of public. I just changed it. Thanks for the note.

Lincoln

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.