4 Posts

Dungeon Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blue & green monsters and legendary artifacts questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wladimir Kokkinopoulos
msg tools
Hi!

I'm wondering: i know undefeated monsters go back to the bag, regardlees of their color, but do green and blue defeated monsters, who provide no fame, return to the bag too? Didn't found it in the rulebook.

And i'm confused about the aegis shield and vorpal sword effectiveness. For example, the aegis shield gives me the ability to reuse the die if the reroll of the opponent die is lower. The opposite would me more powerfull, no? The wounded factor weakns it too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can answer your first question effectively. The other...someone else can explain/describe it better than I, so I'll back off.

Blue/Green monsters indeed go back into the bag once defeated. Or if they defeat you. Those colors are merely loose ideas as to how powerful the Monster is.

As of now, Blue and/or Green means nothing, in game terms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea behind the Aegis and the Vorpal are as follows.

The monster and I have both rolled our dice. I am losing, but I have the shield on the Aegis. I reroll one of the monster dice. It is lower, but I am still losing. I can reroll another monster die (or the same one again). This is really effective when the monster rolled all 6's, but not as useful when it's rolling 3's and 4's. At some point, the roll will be higher, making you lose (but you were losing anyway) and stop rerolling. And the die is then wounded preventing you from using it on your next turn unless you heal.

If you could get them both, a fun combination would be the Vorpal Sword and the Healing Armor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wladimir Kokkinopoulos
msg tools
Thank you for the answers, it makes things clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.