Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
So today, there was going to be a march of of 20-30 million tea party members in Washington D.C. whose goal was to oust President Obama, and some other high ranking members of congress.

But so far, I've heard nothing. Is it a typical liberal media blackout? Has the Revolution begun? Are we free of the tyrannical government yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean oust? The Constitution doesn't allow for that or does the Tea Party not care about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
What do you mean oust? The Constitution doesn't allow for that or does the Tea Party not care about that?

I can't hear you over the sound of Freedom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the websites, it is supposed to start tomorrow.

Also, these guys are nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Why is this even "news"? I understand Chapel's interest, he's as rabid a hater of the Tea Party as anyone, but I'm scratching my head over why any news organization would follow this angry man with a web site story rather than doing some news.

Seriously, it's a guy in a hat with an East Texas accent claiming 20 million Americans want Bohner and Obama to go. He may be right about the Americans wanting those two meatheads outta DC, but that's about it.

This appears to be more of the trend in faux journalism, creating a narrative or story line that aligns with your own ideology and then repeating it often enough for super dense people like Chapel to believe it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
does the Tea Party not care about that?

Mostly they do not care about spelling.

Proper spelling is for the Liberal Elite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Why is this even "news"? I understand Chapel's interest, he's as rabid a hater of the Tea Party as anyone, but I'm scratching my head over why any news organization would follow this angry man with a web site story rather than doing some news.

Seriously, it's a guy in a hat with an East Texas accent claiming 20 million Americans want Bohner and Obama to go. He may be right about the Americans wanting those two meatheads outta DC, but that's about it.

This appears to be more of the trend in faux journalism, creating a narrative or story line that aligns with your own ideology and then repeating it often enough for super dense people like Chapel to believe it.

Well, aren't you going to feel silly when 20 million Americans show up tomorrow and shoot the place up?

Freedom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Well, aren't you going to feel silly when 20 million Americans show up tomorrow and shoot the place up?

Freedom!

NEXT LEVEL FREEDOM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Won't they feel silly with all of their small arms when the drones start flying over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Won't they feel silly with all of their small arms when the drones start flying over.

Most of them probably wouldn't even notice without their bifocals or hearing aides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Just what is it with Texas? That state seems to produce obscene amounts of crazies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
What national guard units can we move into position to crush this rebellion Tienanmen style? Obviously we don't want to pull from states that have strong Tea Party presence as the troops might be sympathetic and refuse to drive their Abrams's over the rebel scum as small arms fire pings ineffectually off their hull. No, we need troops loyal to the Union, lookwarm supporters of Obama and ambivalent to Boehner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
20-30 million, well thats a majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
Don't start that rumor, they will, only start drawing guns on each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

I'll bet Khadafy said something very similar to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

The same reason they follow any silly season story, bone idleness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
whac3 wrote:
does the Tea Party not care about that?

Mostly they do not care about spelling.

Proper spelling is for the Liberal Elite.
Well at least I am not member of the liberal elite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
myopia wrote:
Don't start that rumor, they will, only start drawing guns on each other.

If we are lucky they form a circle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

It's news the same way Obama's middle name earned headline time in some channels. The only difference is that for some reason 'rational' politicians in the R will latch on to and support one of these guys which makes stories like this a bit(not much but a bit) more legitimate. If the R treat the crazies like they matter, why shouldn't media? Self-inflicted injury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

It's news the same way Obama's middle name earned headline time in some channels. The only difference is that for some reason 'rational' politicians in the R will latch on to and support one of these guys which makes stories like this a bit(not much but a bit) more legitimate. If the R treat the crazies like they matter, why shouldn't media? Self-inflicted injury.

So the desire is to reinforce to the media that we want more stories like this and continue the cycle? I have as much faith and respect for the media as I do for politicians, which isn't much.

It's only news if you let it be news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Graning
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

BUT HIS MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN JUST LIKE THAT ONE GUYS LAST NAME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the point was that the news isn't covering this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
What the hell, I didn't even get invited!

You're not a Tea Partier, remember? No one is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
What the hell, I didn't even get invited!

You're not a Tea Partier, remember? No one is.

You gotta fight, for your right, to party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chapel, today are the FCC protests. Get it together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.