Hide
4 Posts

Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling Armor for food. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
derek dick
msg tools
there is a structure that allows you to sell armor for food.
so i have a dwarf with armor of 8 and i cash it in for 8 food, then is he still considered "armed". there is another structure that says "get X bonus points if *none* of your dwarves is armed"...would my "0 power" dwarf qualify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he would. You sold off his weapon completely, he can't go on expeditions any more either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobloblaw333 wrote:
there is a structure that allows you to sell armor for food. so i have a dwarf with armor of 8 and i cash it in for 8 food, then is he still considered "armed". there is another structure that says "get X bonus points if *none* of your dwarves is armed"...would my "0 power" dwarf qualify?

It is "Peaceful cave" that lets you sell armor for food:
Quote:
At any time, you can trade the Weapons of your Dwarfs for Food. You get a number of Food equal to the strength of the Weapon you trade in.

It is "Prayer chamber" that gives you Bonus points if none of your Dwarfs are armed:
Quote:
When scoring, the Prayer chamber will be worth 8 Bonus points if none of your Dwarfs that are in play have a Weapon. (You can use the Peaceful cave to trade the Weapons of your Dwarfs for Food. This way, you can get rid of the Weapons of all of your Dwarfs and get the 8 Bonus points for the Prayer chamber if you own that one as well.)

As you can see, the Appendix anticipates exactly the usage about which you asked.

Your "0 power" Dwarf would indeed qualify - but to get the points from Prayer chamber, you would have to ensure that each of your Dwarfs has 0 power (either because you never armed it, or because you disarmed it with Peaceful cave).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek dick
msg tools
missed the appendix. perfect. those two are a good strategy.
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.