NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I have been searching for a list of what is out there that has been confirmed to add game content. Can anyone provide this? Preferably with a summary of what the game content added is?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I use: http://kdm.bortian.net/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Small Monster expansions
(*All include a new creature, AI deck, Hit Location deck, new gear cards and new innovations, and most come with a few gear parts for the figures themselves)
- Flower Knight
+ Gear mini parts: Flower Sword, Rapier, Bow, Arrows, Cello and Helmet
+ Showdowns include a "Fairy Ring" where the Knight is stronger, Survivors are meant to coax him out of it

- Dung Beetle Knight
+ Includes mini armor kit, with 2 complete minis (1 male and 1 female Dung Beetle Carapace armor figures)
+ May attack settlement, as it is attracted to survivors with varied diets.
+ Includes "Farming" innovations

- Lion Knight and Court
+ Gear mini parts: 2 Holy Mask heads, Lion Claws
+ Known to interact with players' settlement. If you are warlike, he will attack. If you are creative, he brings boons.

- Lion God
+ Can either be hunted like any other monster, or can be used as an "addendum" to the existing White Lion monster in the base game, by sometimes appearing/hunting down survivors if you kill too many White Lions
+ Defeating him reveals a sentient parasite called the Necromancer, and you can choose to bring it to your Settlement, with unknown consequences

Nemesis Expansions
(*These are the same as the small box, except these monsters do not follow normal rules, and instead may appear to hunt down your survivors/settlement, and both include new gear parts for the figures)
- Manhunter
+ Known Gear parts: Manhunter's Hat
+ Confirmed that he may show up during a fight between the survivors and any other monster
+ Includes a separate AI deck for sword attacks. This goes unused until certain conditions are met, then he draws his sword

- Slenderman
+ Known Gear pieces: Gloom Katana, Gloom Katana Sheath, Gloom Hammer
+ Late game Nemesis Encounter
+ Includes a new Secret Fighting Art - Gloom Man

Large Monster expansions
(*Include everything in a Small box, plus new Settlement Locations and new Armor kits made up of 4 figures)
- Gorm
+ Adds 2 new Settlement Locations (Gourmory and Gormchemist)
+ Features a tiered set of alchemy innovations, a wide variety of craftable alchemy potions, and the first combined piece of armor (covers chest and head simultaneously)
+ Can be hunted normally, or you can swap it in place of the Lion for a unique Prologue showdown
+ Armor set is an early "defensive" armor set, with a complete set yielding an automatic Block at the end of your act

- Spidicules
+ Adds 1 new Settlement Location (Spider Silk Farm)
+ Includes 6 infant Spidicules models, which the large monster spawns. This creates the game's first multi-monster boss
+ Infants are controlled by Spidicules AI cards that release pheromones (different pheromones cause the infants to do different things)

Campaign Extension expansions
(*Include everything in a LARGE box expansion, in addition to significantly altering/extending the campaign)
- Dragon King
+ New Campaign type: Can start the game under the Dragon King's tyrannical rule. Changes final boss from Watcher to Dragon King
+ Dragon King has 2 forms (Dragon and Human). Each form has its own miniature, AI, Hit Locations and Resources
+ Adds 1 new Settlement Location
+ Includes "People of the Dragon" miniatures (one male and one female) for use with the alternate campaign
+ Largest Monster to date, with the Dragon form miniature sitting on a 135mm base

- Sunstalker
+ New Campaign type: Can start the game as the People of the Sun, who worship an ancient Sunstalker. Changes final boss from Watcher to Sunstalker
+ Includes Miko and Priest miniatures. These are standalone minis in special ceremonial gear. They are used somehow in the alternate Sunstalker campaign
+ Adds 3 new Settlement Locations
+ Includes rules for birth of Warriors of the Sun, with male and females receiving alternate light-bending special abilities

- Lantern Festival
+ Extends the game past the defeat of the Watcher/Dragon King/Sunstalker (depending on which campaign you're playing).
+ Includes Watcher Cloak standalone miniature (does NOT include an armor kit)
+ 2 new monsters: The King and The Scribe
+ Includes 2 Great Game Hunters (1 male, 1 female). How they interact with the survivors/settlement is currently unknown

Terrain Expansion
(*Can replace respective terrain tokens with full terrain models with special rules)
- The Lonely Tree
+ Large tree model that can replace the large tree token in the game. Tree introduces new resources and events.
+ Includes the Lonely Muse figure, an AI deck, and a Hit Location deck for a rare breed of the tree that is a fightable monster
+ Includes AI cards for the White Lion and Phoenix. It is possible to have an interaction with a unique White Lion that guards the tree, and on rare occasions, a unique Phoenix.

Single Figure expansions
(*Canon - these figures are canon to the game world and come with a figure, One-Shot Challenge Scenario and Gear card. The Gear card recipe is typically added to your list of available in-game recipes after defeating the Challenge Scenario.)
- Adam and Anna KS EXCLUSIVE
+ 2 figures. Upgraded during the campaign to include a challenge scenario and gear

- Paul the Survivor
+ Includes extra armor kit compatible Paul head

- Aya the Survivor
+ Known Gear parts: Extra set of Aya's gear (armor kit compatible)

- Snow the Savior

- Messenger of Courage KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
+ Includes Scout's Tunic gear card, promo Settlement Event and promo Hunt Event

- Messenger of HumanityKS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
+ Includes Prosthetic Stone Arm gear card, promo Settlement Event and promo Hunt Event

- Messenger of the First Story KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
+ Includes Arm of the First Tree gear card, promo Settlement Event and promo Hunt Event

- Messenger of the Spiral Path KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
+ Includes Forsaker Mask gear card, promo Settlement Event and promo Hunt Event

- Allison the Twilight Knight KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
+ Includes Twilight Sword gear card, promo Settlement Event and promo Hunt Event

- Green Knight Armor
+ 2 figures; a special "master" armor set that can't be combined with other armors, and requires resources from the Flower, Dung Beetle, and Lion Knight expansions to build (also the Gorm, but there is a substitute ingredient for the Gorm piece)

Crossover figure expansions
(*These characters are not canon to the game world, but still come with a One-Shot Challenge Scenario and promo Gear card)
- Survivor Candy & Cola
+ Includes Soda Bottle Lantern promo gear card
+ Soda Pop Minis crossover

- Survivor Kara Black
+ Includes Giant Stone Face promo gear card
+ Studio McVey crossover

Miscellaneous game content
(*These don't fit into any of the above categories)
- Holiday White Speaker Nico
+ Large scenic pin-up figure that isn't actually used in game, but comes with a single promo Settlement Event card

- Pinups of Death boxed collection
+ A boxed set of the 8 original (non-KS) pin-up figures in hard plastic which are not actually used in game, but comes with the A Strange Spot promo that includes "A Strange Spot" Settlement Event card and associated "Belt of Gender Swap" Gear card

- Xmas Special Pinup Twilight Knight
+ CURRENTLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME (until 2015)
+ A special, limited time only hard plastic holiday pinup. This comes with a unique Xmaxe Gear card and 3 corresponding gear pieces (no-handed, left-handed and right-handed) to be used with the KD:M game

- Gencon 2015 Lantern Promos
+ Two promo gear cards, the Dying Lantern and Vibrant Lantern, were given to attendees at Gencon 2015 who demoed the game
+ The cards were later bundled in the KD:M store with the Gencon 2015 Sci-Fi Pinup Twilight Knight

- Halloween Special Pinup Twilight Knight (2015)
+ The 2015 Encore run of this miniature (previously released in a a Limited Run in 2014) included one Jack O' Lantern promo gear card for KD:M

Upcoming Expansions
(*These have been teased or hinted at, but are in various stages of concept and playtesting. No release info is currently available on them unless otherwise noted)
- Nightmare Ram
+ A teased large Monster expansion featuring the Nightmare Ram. It is supposed to include a full 4-figure armor kit
+ Adam has shown a playtesting image revealing that this expansion has dungeon-crawl elements to it as you fight your way through the Ram's hidden garden

- Ringtail Fox
+ A teased Campaign expansion with an alternate campaign where your Settlement survives underground beneath a swamp that is ruled by a fox-like monster
+ Adam has stated that this campaign would feature an underground Settlement, where you must invest resources to dig tunnels and expand the size of your Settlement
+ Appears to be in the concept stage, only image released so far is a concept sketch of two Survivors in Ringtail Fox armor

Edit 6/13/14: Added new details to Spidicules description
Edit 12/24/14: Added Xmas Special Pinup Twilight Knight info
Edit 11/19/15: Added several new details on Monsters that have become available over the last year. Added two new promo items that have been released. Added a new section on hinted-at future expansions that are still in playtesting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWulffman wrote:
This is what I use: http://kdm.bortian.net/

I recommend this as well, though it doesn't include everything (namely it's missing the Pinups of Death and some recent updates to expansions like the Lonely Tree).

I will add more details to my post later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Really appreciate it thanks!

Looks like I am picking it all up except for the Misc items. In yooos guys opinions is there anything else I should pickup or get extras of in case I want to do a lot of modeling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:

Looks like I am picking it all up except for the Misc items. In yooos guys opinions is there anything else I should pickup or get extras of in case I want to do a lot of modeling?

Na....I am passing on the Miscellanious and the crossovers as they do not appreciably add to the gaming experience. I did get everything else, though! zombie

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian S.
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

Na....I am passing on the Miscellanious and the crossovers as they do not appreciably add to the gaming experience. I did get everything else, though! zombie

-Ski

Same here. From the start I was always getting pretty much everything (I'm not getting the Allison Twilight Knight either). Everything else, though...go big or go home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheWulffman wrote:
Teamski wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

-Ski

Same here. From the start I was always getting pretty much everything (I'm not getting the Allison Twilight Knight either). Everything else, though...go big or go home.

We need to create a completionist microbadge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

-Ski

I thought this initially too (and if it wasn't for the pledge manager opening again, I wouldn't be bothering with them) but I decided the crossovers added exactly the same amount of game content as the Messenger figures, so why not?

Plus, I threw down $80 for the Pinups of Death just for the promo cards, so it seems silly not to go for broke and just get EVERYTHING at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Teamski wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

-Ski

I thought this initially too (and if it wasn't for the pledge manager opening again, I wouldn't be bothering with them) but I decided the crossovers added exactly the same amount of game content as the Messenger figures, so why not?

Plus, I threw down $80 for the Pinups of Death just for the promo cards, so it seems silly not to go for broke and just get EVERYTHING at this point.

Well, my rationale was that the crossovers didn't originate in the KD world, so they wouldn't be missed there.... I do know where you are coming from, though.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Elyklord wrote:
Small Monster expansions
(*All include a new creature, AI deck, Hit Location deck, new gear cards and new innovations, and most come with a few gear parts for the figures themselves)
- Flower Knight: small box expansion
- Dung Beetle Knight: small box expansion
- Lion Knight and Court: small box expansion
- Lion God: Acts both as a typical small box expansion and add-on to existing White Lion monster in the base game, by sometimes appearing/hunting down survivors if you kill too many

Nemesis Expansions
(*These are the same as the small box, except these monsters do not follow normal rules, and instead may appear to hunt down your survivors/settlement, and both include new gear parts for the figures)
- Manhunter: small Nemesis expansion
- Slenderman: small Nemesis expansion

Large Monster expansions
(*Include everything in a Small box, plus new Settlement Locations and new Armor kits made up of 4 figures)
- Gorm: large monster expansion
- Spidicules: large monster expansion

Campaign Extension expansions
(*Include everything in a LARGE box expansion, in addition to significantly altering/extending the campaign)
- Dragon King: Offers new way to start campaign under the Dragon King's rule, changes the end game
- Sunstalker: Offers new way to start campaign as the People of the Sun, changes the end game, and includes additional People of the Sun figures
- Lantern Festival: Extends the game past the defeat of the Watcher/Dragon King/Sunstalker (depending on which campaign you're playing). Features 2 boss figures, 1 special equipment figure, and 2 Great Game Hunters. Does NOT include an armor kit of 4 figures

Terrain Expansion
(*Can replace respective terrain tokens with full terrain models with special rules)
- The Lonely Tree: Large tree model. Includes new AI cards for the Lion and Phoenix base game monsters, who have special interactions with the tree. Also includes a small AI/hit location deck for the tree itself (there's a rare breed of the tree that is a fight-able monster)

Single Figure expansions
(*Canon - these figures are canon to the game world and come with a figure, One-Shot Challenge Scenario and Gear card. The Gear card recipe is typically added to your list of available in-game recipes after defeating the Challenge Scenario.)
- Adam and Anna: 2 figures, KS EXCLUSIVE
- Paul the Survivor: Single figure, includes extra armor kit compatible head
- Aya the Survivor: Single figure
- Snow the Savior: Single figure
- Messenger of Courage: Single figure, KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
- Messenger of Humanity: Single figure, KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
- Messenger of the First Story: Single figure, KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
- Messenger of the Spiral Path: Single figure, KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
- Allison the Twilight Knight: Single figure, KS/CONVENTION EXCLUSIVE
- Green Knight Armor: 2 figures; a special armor set that can't be combined with other armors, and requires resources from the Flower, Dung Beetle, and Lion Knight expansions to build (also the Gorm, but there is a substitute ingredient for the Gorm piece)

Crossover figure expansions
(*These characters are not canon to the game world, but still come with a One-Shot Challenge Scenario and promo Gear card)
- Survivor Candy & Cola: Soda Pop Minis crossover
- Survivor Kara Black: Studio McVey crossover

Miscellaneous game content
(*These don't fit into any of the above categories)
- Holiday White Speaker Nico: a large scenic pin-up figure that isn't actually used in game, but comes with a single promo Settlement Event card
- Pinups of Death boxed collection: A boxed set of the 8 original (non-KS) pin-up figures in hard plastic which are not actually used in game, but comes with the A Strange Spot promo that includes a settlement event card and associated Gear card

Two more that probably will have game content.
The $2 million White Speaker and the holiday gift Twilight Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:

They've only been described as figures and don't have the iconography indicating game components in the updates mentioning them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
cormor321 wrote:

They've only been described as figures and don't have the iconography indicating game components in the updates mentioning them.

Exactly. Didn't list them because so far there has been zero mention of game content for them. I'll add them if this gets confirmed by Adam though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated main post with most known gameplay related details for each monster and expansion, namely what physical miniature gear parts are known to come with each monster and how they may interact with the campaign. Also added more details on the Messengers, and generally tried to standardize the language used throughout the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought none of the promo minis had actual game play elements beyond the twilight knight. I looked all over the KS page trying to get info on the messengers.

Will their minis acutally be used in the game? I want the scenarios and promo cards, but dropping 45 for a little bit of content seems steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:
I thought none of the promo minis had actual game play elements beyond the twilight knight. I looked all over the KS page trying to get info on the messengers.

Will their minis acutally be used in the game? I want the scenarios and promo cards, but dropping 45 for a little bit of content seems steep.

You have to go back through the updates to see the Messenger info, they were added late in the campaign and didn't get added to the front page. I suggest using the site up top (kdm.bortian.net) and looking there. The info for each messenger includes a link to the appropriate update.

It seems to be implied that the Messengers will be used in some way in their One Shot Challenge Scenarios (perhaps you play AS them?) but that's never been set in stone and we don't have any further details on them.

I suggest grabbing them. Everything else is going to be available post-KS I'm sure, but those Messengers are KS/Convention exclusive. So if you want them at all, definitely grab them now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:

The promos all have minor game elements, its the pinups that aren't supposed to have any game elements. If you skip the promos I doubt you'll miss the bit of content they come with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I have no interest in the pinups. I want the game elements. One shot scenarios and village add ons and gear add a lot. I'll grab them because they are exclusive. Just didnt plan on dropping even more cash on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, that's the problem, some pinups DO have game elements. They come with special event cards to put in your settlement deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Well, that's the problem, some pinups DO have game elements. They come with special event cards to put in your settlement deck.

Yes, Holiday White Speaker Nico and the Pinups of Death come with a total of 3 game promo cards between them (2 Settlement Events and 1 Gear). But I want to point out, because people seem to confuse this all the time, that no, the pinup models themselves are not used in the game. They could be, but that's not what they're they for.

Whether or not you feel inclined to buy the pinups to get the promos is up to each individual. Personally, I'm getting Nico for the promo card, but I have no interest in the model and will be reselling the model once I receive it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus...they really just need to release a promo card pack for those of us that just want the game play elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:
Jesus...they really just need to release a promo card pack for those of us that just want the game play elements.

Eh, no difference than any other game company that releases promos with other material. There's a Lewis & Clark promo card I want, but I have to order a game magazine from overseas to get it. I wanted the new mini expansions Ignacy is making for Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island, but I didn't want to back his book Kickstarter to do it. This stuff happens all the time.

Irritating? Yes. Par for the course? Also yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, there is so much game content in the expansions that I could give a rat's caboose about missing a card or two, and I am a completionist.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
randall fischer

Warren
Michigan
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im sorta with you Ski. I looked at the pledge manager, but maybe its my little phone screen, but I cannot find the pinup boxed set.

My hope is that whatver I miss will be available at Cons and the like. I was an original KS backer, but seem to be out of the loop on many updates, and dont seem to be getting them through KS like I do for all my other backed projects, so excuse what might be a silly question, but is there any plan for Adam and Co to be at Gencon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaplainCassius wrote:
Im sorta with you Ski. I looked at the pledge manager, but maybe its my little phone screen, but I cannot find the pinup boxed set.

My hope is that whatver I miss will be available at Cons and the like. I was an original KS backer, but seem to be out of the loop on many updates, and dont seem to be getting them through KS like I do for all my other backed projects, so excuse what might be a silly question, but is there any plan for Adam and Co to be at Gencon?

The Pinups box isn't part of the KS, it was released in the normal Kingdom Death Store: http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/pinups-of-death

As for the KS updates, Adam actually had a problem with the last one where it went up, but notifications were not sent out to backers. It was a Kickstarter site problem that he notified them about. Hopefully it gets resolved for future updates.

I don't know if he's made specific mention of GenCon, but I don't think he's going to make it. He's putting all his effort into the project and has made it clear he's not worried about conventions or anything of the sort until all the rewards are shipped to KS backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.