South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb

http://dicemasters.com/marvel-dice-masters-avengers-vs-x-men...

Month 1

3 Thor – The Mighty Limited Edition Card Competitive Prizes.
10 Teamwork Basic Action Card Participation Prizes.

Thor - The Mighty - Avenger - 7 Bolt cost - Max 4
When fielded, you may knock out an opposing [FIST] character and gain life equal to its level.

Teamwork - Basic Action Card - 3 cost
Each of your fielded characters gains +1A and +1D for each other of your fielded characters that shares a team affiliation with it.

Month 2

3 Spider Man – The Amazing Limited Edition Card Competitive Prizes.
10 Rally Basic Action Card Participation Prizes.

Spider-Man - The Amazing - Avenger - 6 Fist cost - Max 2
When Spider-Man attacks, you may pay [3 x FIST] to make your opponent lose half his life, rounded down (before damage is dealt).

Rally! - Basic Action Card - 3 cost
Move up to 2 sidekicks from your used pile to the field.
*Move 3 sidekicks instead.

Month 3

3 Wolverine – Walking His Own Path Limited Edition Card Competitive Prizes.
10 Deflection Basic Action Card Participation Prizes.

Wolverine - Walking His Own Path - 7 Fist cost - Max 2
When Wolverine Attacks alone, double your life. This effect cannot raise your life to a value higher than 10.

Deflection - Basic Action Card - 3 cost
Choose an energy type. Characters of that type get +1D.
** Those characters get +3D instead.
Global: Pay [SHIELD]. Prevent 1 damage to a character.

Month 4

3 Colossus – Phoenix Force Limited Edition Card Competitive Prizes.
10 Teleport Basic Action Card Participation Prizes.

Colossus - Phoenix Force - Phoenix Force - 8 Fist cost - Max 2
While Colossus is active, knock out the non-Sidekick character with the lowest cost at the end of your turn (you break ties).
Global: Pay [FIST][FIST]. Double the attack and defense of one of your fielded Phoenix Force dice this turn. Limit once per turn.

Teleport - Basic Action Card - 4 cost
Swap your fielded character with a character die of the same energy type from your used pile or prep area. Spin it to the same level.
*/** Spin the new character up a level.

Month 5

3 Iron Man – Phoenix Buster Limited Edition Card Competitive Prizes.
10 Collateral Damage Basic Action Card Participation Prizes.

Iron Man - Phoenix Buster - Avenger - 7 Shield Cost
Each time Iron Man takes damage, you may move 1 Sidekick from your used pile to your prep area.

Collateral Damage - Basic Action Card - 4 cost
Deal one damage to your opponent for each opposing character you knock out this turn.

Month 6

3 Phoenix Force – Force of Nature Limited Edition Card and Dice Grand Prizes.
3 Cyclops – Phoenix Force Limited Edition Card Competitive Prizes.
10 Takedown Basic Action Card Participation Prizes.

Phoenix Force - Force of Nature - 10 Bolt cost
While Phoenix Force is active, each of your opponent's characters deals no more than 1 damage to you while attacking.

Cyclops - Phoenix Force - Phoenix Force - 8 Bolt cost
When Cyclops is blocked, your opponent must immediately knock out one of his other characters if able.
Global: Pay mbmb on your turn. Move a Phoenix Force die from your used pile to the field at its lowest level.

Takedown - Basic Action Card - 3 cost
Deal 2 damage to a non-[SHIELD] character. If it is a Villain, deal 4 damage instead.
Global: Pay [MASK]. Target character is gains the Villain affiliation until the end of the turn. (As taken directly from the card, typo and all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okay I'm clueless but curious on how things work. Are these tournament prizes? Are they also legal for future tournaments? Does this create a rich get richer kind of an arms race?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These seem to be tournament prizes. I pulled the info from the site listed at the top.

As for Rich getting richer... I don't know. We know what only a few of the cards to so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
buck fuddr
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 things, lack of x-men love. and phoenix force costs 10!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
okay I'm clueless but curious on how things work. Are these tournament prizes? Are they also legal for future tournaments? Does this create a rich get richer kind of an arms race?

Yes. Probably. Possibly (depends on how useful the cards are. gotta hope they're pretty but not game-breaking. wouldn't get your hopes up though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hintze
Sweden
flag msg tools
There are worse burdens...
badge
Cool Cat!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, will these cards be allowed in tournaments?
I doubt we will ever get these in sweden. Really lousy if we cant get them and they become part of the meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buckfuddr wrote:

I think it is pretty safe to say that card is a game ender. Or maybe its cost is reduced if you have phoenix in play or make a sacrifice or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh Shiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mok Taskmaster

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, this is pretty cool. Too bad nearest ACTUAL game store close to me is about an hour away, via Toll Road.

Maybe once a month I can get out, but it is unlikely.

Wonder how long until we get full card images? (or has that happened already?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
Yes,they will be tournament legal,a lot of them will be very OP. And if u don't have them you will not be competitive. Source:every collectible wizkid game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not every one. The OP support for Pirates of the Spanish Main was just alternate versions of existing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
quietcorn wrote:
Not every one. The OP support for Pirates of the Spanish Main was just alternate versions of existing cards.

ok, every wizkids game that was ever played by more than 2 people in the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Buuurrrnn bacon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Smoley
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Here's the Thor card, found here: http://marvel.com/news/gear/2014/5/7/22470/roll_with_marvel_...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is bad. I really think that tournaments promo and prizes should not give extra advantage and increase the "parallel" market of singles and cards.

It's so hard to make prize like alternate art, foil, special but without affecting the game itself and without giving unfair game bonus?

They published this as "collectible dice game" but all in all it's another collectible card game since what's valuable ingame are the cards.

They talked about a special distribution scheme to reduce collectibles issue and then we have Super Rares (one in 90 so no guarantee in a box).

Production numbers wrong cause shortage and already smart buyers raped all the possible starters and booster to gain extra on gamers.

Scammers already at work...

We can say that "With a super game come big problems"...

EDIT: they posted also "Teamwork" card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bsmoley1 wrote:

I knew I was missing one! I'll add it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
Elianto wrote:
This is bad. I really think that tournaments promo and prizes should not give extra advantage and increase the "parallel" market of singles and cards.

It's so hard to make prize like alternate art, foil, special but without affecting the game itself and without giving unfair game bonus?

They published this as "collectible dice game" but all in all it's another collectible card game since what's valuable ingame are the cards.

They talked about a special distribution scheme to reduce collectibles issue and then we have Super Rares (one in 90 so no guarantee in a box).

Production numbers wrong cause shortage and already smart buyers raped all the possible starters and booster to gain extra on gamers.

this has been a point of contention with all wizkids games. like for instance i decided to get into attack wing so i went to csi and just bought like 2-3 of everything for like 700$ and then i found i am competely and utterly uncompetitive because there are a bunch of things i need from the OP events and each one was going for 50+$ on ebay. so if you are a new player in a wizkid game you are at a severe disadvantage.

but on another hand if you can get on the bandwagon from the beggining you will be doing pretty well for yourself. the prizes are surprisingly easy to get multiple of since most of this stuff is participation prize but the competitive ones will be a bit harder to get if you are not a spike or have about 50$ a month to just buy them off ebay.

this is bad news for players looking into getting the game down the road. and it is one of the main reasons why wizkids games never take off like lcgs and x-wing from ffg. but the problem with lcgs is also that if you are a newer player it will be very expensive to get into it. for instance agot lcg will run u 1500$ easily to get caught up and since there is not real secondary market and no rarities cards basically all cost the same since sometimes u have to buy a 40$ pack just to get a single copy of a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marobaro wrote:
Elianto wrote:

this has been a point of contention with all wizkids games. like for instance i decided to get into attack wing so i went to csi and just bought like 2-3 of everything for like 700$ and then i found i am competely and utterly uncompetitive because there are a bunch of things i need from the OP events and each one was going for 50+$ on ebay. so if you are a new player in a wizkid game you are at a severe disadvantage.

but on another hand if you can get on the bandwagon from the beggining you will be doing pretty well for yourself. the prizes are surprisingly easy to get multiple of since most of this stuff is participation prize but the competitive ones will be a bit harder to get if you are not a spike or have about 50$ a month to just buy them off ebay.

this is bad news for players looking into getting the game down the road. and it is one of the main reasons why wizkids games never take off like lcgs and x-wing from ffg. but the problem with lcgs is also that if you are a newer player it will be very expensive to get into it. for instance agot lcg will run u 1500$ easily to get caught up and since there is not real secondary market and no rarities cards basically all cost the same since sometimes u have to buy a 40$ pack just to get a single copy of a card.

You summarized almost all the negatives sides of gaming market that still keeps it from grow to a larger scale.

Why some companies think that to get money they need to push on rarity, unavailability and so on. Don't they understand that in the long run this kind of things will slowly cut the playerbase and in the end on 10 product based on those concepts only 1 (maybe 2) will survive?

But of course the concept is make the money all and now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, these cards are certainly going to be tournament legal. The entire point of them is Wizkids wants you to want to go to tournaments to win them. The good part is that if you don't have any local tournaments, these would be really easy to print proxies of.

On a side note, buying multiples of everything in Attack Wing is a bad idea due to the unique rules limiting doubles of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Buckfuddr wrote:

Looks like a new team affiliation for Phoenix Force on Cyk and Collossus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
not really, some of the generic ships are a lot better than named ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Moreland
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
Buckfuddr wrote:

Looks like a new team affiliation for Phoenix Force on Cyk and Colossus.

Yup, shared with the Phoenix Force character as well. Also an Avengers-affiliated Spider-Man and unaffiliated Wolverine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
AAAAAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH!!!! I am sooooo stoked about the Phoenix Force!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hristoforov
United States
North Hollywood
CA
flag msg tools
Elianto wrote:

You summarized almost all the negatives sides of gaming market that still keeps it from grow to a larger scale.

Why some companies think that to get money they need to push on rarity, unavailability and so on. Don't they understand that in the long run this kind of things will slowly cut the playerbase and in the end on 10 product based on those concepts only 1 (maybe 2) will survive?

But of course the concept is make the money all and now.

i hope this is one of those 1-2 that survives.

i feel that companies need to really start doing flat price consolidated boxes for collectible games where you can literally just go and buy everything up to for instance a set back for a particular game at a flat price. because even lcgs are pretty hard to start in. like netrunner is already about 400$ and star wars too and agot is like 1200$ at least. and it won't be a problem to make those 200$ that contains everything from the beggining. i mean pathfinder is like 50$ for 500+ cards so that won't be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah H
United States
Friendswood
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not sure when the actual OP starts...

Can someone please enlighten me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.