Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The german publisher Asmodee will release POB and TCM in german soon.
But does anyone know, if the mini expansions like the box of zombies, or the companion dogs will be translated too?

If not, can the english components be mixed into a german vesion of the game? Or will this cause a lot of confusion regarding the rules, because a lot of things are named different?

It would be nice, if someone knew something about this..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would the rule change? I would think mixing english and german rules would work as long as everyone understands both languages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For example: It would be harder to pick up for new players, if they have to remember two different terms for a lot the keywords, like slippery.
So the game should play smoother, when there is always the same word used on all the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bekil
Germany
Erding
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man kann sie vorbestellen in deutsch und auf deren Internetseite gibt es auch Artikel zu Season 02 und Toxic Mall. Also ja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Mülheim an der Ruhr
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically I get your point but this only applies for the dog companions => 6 cards in total. The other small boxes do only contain more zombie minis and spawn cards. I don't think it's a big drag. Sure, it depends on your players, I assume.

To answer your question: I don't know Asmodee's plans regarding Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
In the mini zombie boxes are only spawn cards, english knowledge is not not necessary.

There are only few Equipment cards with english text, so only one player need english knowledge.

I think they will bring Dog Companion and Zombie Dogz in German, but there is no official info.

But I think it is sad how GG and CMON handle german support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frozen Flesh wrote:
For example: It would be harder to pick up for new players, if they have to remember two different terms for a lot the keywords, like slippery.
So the game should play smoother, when there is always the same word used on all the cards.

Just buy the English versions then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Frozen Flesh wrote:

Just buy the English versions then!

If someone read and know the english rules, it is not really necessary to have german text on the cards.

If you got explained what Josh can do with the first skill, it is not important anymore if the word is in german or not.

And as I already said Spawn Cards need only the pictures and Equipment cards have nearly no text to understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your answers.
I took the time to read the rules, that can be downloaded, and it really seems like it´s not a big deal. The rules are easy to understand, and there´s not much text on the cards.
I´ll get the english expansions for now, and maybe grab the german companion dogs, if they´ll be released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.