Subject: Gravity Feed Display Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miller
United States
Peru
In
flag msg tools
I was wondering if these are sealed in any way or can a company you order them from online open up a few to get the super rares out of them then repackage the unopened boosters and sell them as a new box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
you can pull them out....not fully sealed...shame about that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Ho Yin Kwong
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not seal, so technically yes someone can get the SR and repack it up to 60 packs and sell it...
The thing is, each GF does NOT guarantee a SR. So even if one want to do it, one will be taking a risk.

I brought a GF and didn't find a SR until the last two packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
yoshi_junkie wrote:
It is not seal, so technically yes someone can get the SR and repack it up to 60 packs and sell it...
The thing is, each GF does NOT guarantee a SR. So even if one want to do it, one will be taking a risk.

It becomes a thing of numbers, though. If you open 10+ GFs, stopping when you hit an SR in each one, you would be able to repack 2-3 (maybe more?) GFs and resell them, even though you could be very sure they didn't have SRs in them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Huerta
United States
Plymouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they could, but repacking those 60 in there is pretty tough, they should be fairly tight and uniform. If I got a GF that didn't have the uniform packing I got in my 2, I would be concerned. Unfortunately, if you buy a GF and it's your 1 and only one, you have nothing to compare it to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach "Green Knight" Gable
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have purchased a full GF from Target and got zero super rares, another full GF online (eBay from the_gameking), which was even wrapped in the tissue paper and got zero super rares. I bought a full GF from a local shop (The Wizards Chest) and pulled a SR Canucklehead, I also purchased an additional 74 boosters from the same local shop and pulled a Tsarina. Take that for what you will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Peru
In
flag msg tools
Thank you for telling me that. I have something to look for when my box gets here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
yoshi_junkie wrote:

It becomes a thing of numbers, though. If you open 10+ GFs, stopping when you hit an SR in each one, you would be able to repack 2-3 (maybe more?) GFs and resell them, even though you could be very sure they didn't have SRs in them.

Another thing to consider is that we all know that each feed has, almost without exception, 9, 10 or 11 rares, so the repacker would have to somehow make sure to get the right amount of rares back into the feed. If someone bought a feed online and got no SRs and only 6 or 7 rares, they would definitely smell a rat. Or it could go wrong the other way with the feed ending up with 13 rares in it, in which case the re-packer has lost out on potential rare profits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
bazpoint wrote:
MattShinners wrote:
yoshi_junkie wrote:

Another thing to consider is that we all know that each feed has, almost without exception, 9, 10 or 11 rares, so the repacker would have to somehow make sure to get the right amount of rares back into the feed. If someone bought a feed online and got no SRs and only 6 or 7 rares, they would definitely smell a rat. Or it could go wrong the other way with the feed ending up with 13 rares in it, in which case the re-packer has lost out on potential rare profits.

With SRs going for more than 10x the cost of a rare, that's where the real profit is. And while I agree that a store with a reputation to protect would be wary of doing that, eBay resellers wouldn't.

I don't think places like CSI are going to repack boxes (I think they're just going to open more boxes than they sell until the bottom falls out of the SR market). But I wouldn't even consider buying a box from eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether true or not I was told at a store that there are four SR in a case which is 6 GF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Moreland
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
Whether true or not I was told at a store that there are four SR in a case which is 6 GF

That's the target distribution, but it's not guaranteed. A sealed case of six boosters should net you all four SRs, but there's a slim chance you'd just be unlucky and not get them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.