Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Epic ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, now that the Transport has been released and i know a few people have played a few epic games, i am waiting for the Tantive till i set up a game. Do you thing High PS pilots will get the nod more, or do you think swarms will still show up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one 4 person epic game I have played my teammate and I took about half named pilots as the Empire, and we got crushed. Really badly. Taking more cannon fodder would have helped, along with non-terrible dice results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the transport is an awesome representative of epic ships simply because it's a support ship and a big target. It can't defend itself well, and you're not directly getting the points back.

The CR-90 on the other hand is huge, shooty, and more likely to be a threat when brought into a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
The one 4 person epic game I have played my teammate and I took about half named pilots as the Empire, and we got crushed. Really badly. Taking more cannon fodder would have helped, along with non-terrible dice results.

In our first 4-player Team Epic, the side with the most named pilots (Rebels) wiped the floor with us. Shooting first is huge when it means 6+ ships shoot before an opposing ship. In principle, a Rebel squad consisting of Wedge, Wes, Luke, Ten, Tycho, Roark, etc, can drop the biggest Imperial threat(s) before they have a chance to fire! At least, that's what happened to our Firesprays and Bombers.

In our second game, we brought Soontir Fel, Turr Phennir + VI, 5x Royal Guards, etc. We were able to take down Dagger B-wings and Red/Rookie X-wings before they could shoot, and we walked away with a partial victory.

"The best defense is a good offense."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the dice were also a big factor. I lost both Soontir and Turr in the same turn (3 hits each vs 3 and 4 blank green), Turr chased Hobbie and over 3 turns of firing did not do a single damage, all three combined to take down exactly one rookie pilot.

Granted, my partner had only played Imperial once before, the game ran 6 hours, and I had been working on the house 14 hours before the game started. To say some mistakes were made would be generous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.