Subject: 04 Drive-By Shooting from S1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I played this game twice, now.
With Dakota, Ned, Raoul, Phil.
First time I emptied the building in the north and died shortly after opening the south building. In the first game I got everyone in Orange Level, but found not time to cure everyone with Raoul.
Second time I walked to the Police car and tried to get better weapons first. Aaagh cards were very disturbing. They died all in the yellow level and I forgot the Pimp Weapon.

Both times extra turn cards for different zombies killed me.
Opening a door is really dangerous with extra turn cards...

I think I should enter the police car the next time and drive over every zombie.

I found no use for Dakota's Taunt Skill. Any hints available?
Liking her body is not enough in the moment...

If I have not forgotten something, my card deck looks like:
- every card up to four cards, if available.
- all food, water, gas, bottles, aaahg cards

Exceptions:
- only 2 Chainsaws
- only 1 Assault Rifle
- 3 Fire Axes, because one is in the starting equipment
- 1 Crowbar, because one is in the starting equipment (did I lost some?)
- 6 pistols
- no pimp mobile cards
- no ultra red weapons
- no pans
- no gas masks, don't use TCM in the moment
- no dogs
- no kukris, don't like them either, I use them only if a charakter starts with them
- no hatchets
- no claw hammers
- no night sticks

I have used spawn cards from the S1+PO+TCM without Toxic and Berserkz!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Season 1 scenario, I think it safe to assume it was designed with only the Season 1 Survivors, equipment, and Zombies in mind.

If you choose to play the scenario with a different mix of content you should not be surprised to find that it makes the scenario either more difficult or more easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Oh, about the pimp mobile, can every survivor search once after the weapons?

Scorpion0x17 wrote:
As a Season 1 scenario, I think it safe to assume it was designed with only the Season 1 Survivors, equipment, and Zombies in mind.

If you choose to play the scenario with a different mix of content you should not be surprised to find that it makes the scenario either more difficult or more easy.

I didn't use the other Zombies. Only the S1 Zombies. It is to early to try the other Zombies.

In the Equipment Deck are even better weapons than in S1 and I was very lucky with the weapons I got, so this make no sense for me.

This game is designed to use the different Survivors. That's the reason why I choose survivors from randomly from all seasons. The Survivors from S1 (have not the S1 promos) are not better or worse than S2 Survivors.

But I would throw out S1 Phil for many S2 Survivors.

And S2 Raoul with the Webbing Skill was really useful. Even his medic skill is really good.

Only with Dakota first skill I'm not sure how to make it useful.

No the survivors from S2 are not the reason why I got eaten. I need to find a ways to protect me from the extra movements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
The taunt skill is very useful. Imagine that you are using Ned to open a door. Due to spawning and extra activations, four zombies end up moving in to Ned's space. During the next player round, Ned will be unable to leave the space (due to needing four movement points - 1normal+3zombies). Now imagine you have Dakota with taunt who is three squares away from Ned, but within line of sight. Dakota can taunt for free during her turn, causing all of the zombies to leave Ned's square, and move into an empty street space one space closer to Dakota. This can save the lives of many a character in my experience, and at the very least frees up Ned to move in his turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I think I will try this on the street this time, I think I do not need to open the first door, I can do it with the 2nd, too.

This time I got 2 Abominations and no power 3 weapon. And the runners runned again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
Oh, about the pimp mobile, can every survivor search once after the weapons?

No, you search it once, get one Pimp Mobile weapon, and then that's it. No more searches. No more weapons.

Teskal wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I didn't use the other Zombies. Only the S1 Zombies. It is to early to try the other Zombies.

In the Equipment Deck are even better weapons than in S1 and I was very lucky with the weapons I got, so this make no sense for me.

This game is designed to use the different Survivors. That's the reason why I choose survivors from randomly from all seasons. The Survivors from S1 (have not the S1 promos) are not better or worse than S2 Survivors.

But I would throw out S1 Phil for many S2 Survivors.

And S2 Raoul with the Webbing Skill was really useful. Even his medic skill is really good.

Only with Dakota first skill I'm not sure how to make it useful.

No the survivors from S2 are not the reason why I got eaten. I need to find a ways to protect me from the extra movements.

Sorry, I thought you were using Toxic and Beserker Zombies.

However, with respect to equipment, two problems you may be having are, 1, the reduced likely hood of getting paired weapons, and, 2, a more dilute equipment deck. Yes, overall, the S2 weapons might be better than the S1 weapons (this is something I've not had the time to check for sure, but it is also my impression that they are better), but you're also adding in a bunch of non-weapon items, and reducing the chance of drawing the second of a dual-wieldable weapon.

And yes, whilst the game is designed to be played with different Survivors, when the Season 1 scenarios were designed I think it's safe to assume they were tested primarily with the Season 1 retail Survivors in mind. Some of the skills of the later and promo Survivors may seem better than those of the Season 1 retail Survivors, but what matters is not the skills of any individual Survivor, but how the survivors work as a group. I've had numerous games where the Survivor mix has made the game really hard, and numerous others where it's made it quite easy. Even on the exact same scenario.

That said, if you're not using Beserkers and Toxics (which was the main thing I thought might be causing you problems) then I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.

It's not an 'easy' scenario, that's for sure, but it's not really 'hard'.

If you're using the cars then you may simply be ramping up experience too quickly.

When I've played it we've always ignored the cars other than to provide weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your item deck seems off, unless you customized it.
the assault rifle is from tcm, and there are 2 of those. if you play S1 style you shouldnt include it.

taunt is very useful in the right circumstance, i often use it to let zombies closer which are too far to shoot/fight, it saves in the number of actions needed to kill them as you dont need to use up actions to get closer/get away later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the assault rifle is from tcm, and there are 2 of those. if you play S1 style you shouldnt include it.

taunt is very useful in the right circumstance, i often use it to let zombies closer which are too far to shoot/fight, it saves in the number of actions needed to kill them as you dont need to use up actions to get closer/get away later.

'Shouldn't'? As a sandbox game, surely you 'should' adjust it as you like. We play season 1 scenarios with toxics and berserkers, four chainsaws, gasoline and bottles, the concrete saw. We might even include dogs and zombie dogs sometimes if the number and experience of players requires it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

i think i made my point clear enough.

i got the feeling he wanted to be sure to have a S1 item deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it fairly standard practice to open both buildings whilst still on Blue danger level?

Helps avoid those pesky extra activations.

Then maybe run to the police car and drive over the zombies whilst searching it (if using S1 car rules). Watch out for Aaargh! cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
Yeah, it is a good idea, if you can get away after opening it.

I will check if I can open it and using Dakota's Taunt skill to get the zombies out of the zone after it (if it happens). Eventually drive over them.

I think I will modify the deck a little bit. I think there are to much Aaaagh and non-weapon stuff.

The Assault Weapon is a TCM Weapon, but in the moment I would happy if it would rescue me. But I will remove Weapons if they are to strong and I get them to often.

I think I need to make a complete list of all Equipment cards first to make it easier to decide what I will have in the deck or not.

I think the spawn cards could need little modifying, too. Eventually remove few extra move cards, I don't know how much I have in the game.

Just looking at the map, I see that GG made every door to the big buildings on manholes... :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I removed all but 4 of food, water and aaagh! cards.

From the spawn deck I removed all but one extra movement cards.
(But I think I made an error with them, I used the extra movement also in blue level)

I won the game this time, with still the same crew.
I'm so happy that I could use the car. During Orange and Red Levels I had so many Zombies on the board, I would not made it.

I could use Dakota's Taunt Skill a few times.
I could use twice the flame thrower.
In the last round I was happy no new zombies appeared at the spawn point. First time I liked the Manhole-cards. :-) So I drived on the zone and could end the game.

Dakota
Point-blank
+1 free Combat Action
Chainsaw and Shotgun + Plenty of Ammo.

Ned
+1 free combat action
Tough
Shotgun+Plenty of Ammo, Automatic Gun

Raoul
Medic
+1 free Melee Action (got it in a moment I really needed this extra attack!)
Riot Shield, Ma's Shotgun, Flamethrower

Phil
+1 to dice roll: ranged, Sniper
Concrete Saw,Dual Sub MG

Should eventually have given Raoul Phils weapons and Phil the Riot Shield and Ma's Shotgun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:

I came here to read about Zombicide, because we just got it and played it twice. SO FUN.

I feel like I'm reminded in nearly every thread in nearly every forum that BGG is not really intended to be a place for women, but is a place for men--where casual talk about liking the female character's bodies is just matter-of-course.

It is this kind of micro-micro-micro-level sexism that contributes to a feeling that BGG is not for everyone.

I am sure that you just typed it in passing, Teskal, but I would like to ask everyone to think carefully about how their offhand comments contribute to the atmosphere of this community.

Peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tricksie wrote:
Teskal wrote:

I came here to read about Zombicide, because we just got it and played it twice. SO FUN.

I feel like I'm reminded in nearly every thread in nearly every forum that BGG is not really intended to be a place for women, but is a place for men--where casual talk about liking the female character's bodies is just matter-of-course.

It is this kind of micro-micro-micro-level sexism that contributes to a feeling that BGG is not for everyone.

I am sure that you just typed it in passing, Teskal, but I would like to ask everyone to think carefully about how their offhand comments contribute to the atmosphere of this community.

Peace.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.