Subject: Chapter Pack Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Takacs

San Clemente
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the Chapter Pack Expansions intended to be played? I understand that any card can be included in a deck ( 3 of each card max), but should players choose cards from a single "Chapter" i.e one of the 6 expansions in Brotherhood without Banners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, these are just additional cards to choose from when building your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Think of them as booster packs, like any other CCG, except you know exactly what you're getting.

If you don't play any other CCGs, and you're not aware of how it works, the game is completely expandable based on all the cards you own, also known as your "card pool". Within the rules of the rulebook (here, 3 of each card max), you can mix and match as your heart desires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Takacs

San Clemente
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers. I just wondered why they are organized into Chapters or Sets. I think it would be interesting to play a specific situation or "Chapter", all players trying to comply with the "Chapter".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
S Lee T wrote:
Thank you for your answers. I just wondered why they are organized into Chapters or Sets. I think it would be interesting to play a specific situation or "Chapter", all players trying to comply with the "Chapter".

If you have the patience, you can start with a specific card pool, and then gradually add Chapter packs to it, shifting the game over time, as new cards become available. But, I've honestly never had the patience for CCG campaigns, so I couldn't tell you exactly what the results would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Each cycle (set of 6 chapter packs) kinda has a theme (naval battle, shadows, seasons, etc). If you like that cycle's idea, then you could by more of those packs, to get into that cycle's theme, but you don't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.