Derek Case
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a copy/paste of Steve Dixon's posting on CSW. Included is the link to the final 2.0 rules.
*Edit: Didn't notice that LW posted the new rules in the files section as well:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/102330/version-2-rules
Still...here's Steve's post

Version 2 of the Rules for Picket Duty

To All:

Please find Version 2 of the Rules for Picket Duty. This is the final version. They have been cleaned up, conflicts resolved and as many duplications as we could find have been removed. The numbering of the rules has changed a bit, so please note the reference to the waterlines on the map is no longer correct.

Several optional rules have been added to create a bloodier game, as well repair guns. Copies have been sent to Randy and he will post them in the header, and the Legion site, when he is able. The final rules can be found on my gaming site located here:
http://www.skdgaming.com/pd_errata.htm
They are too large to post on here.

As designer, I accept sole responsibility for the confusion caused by the 1st version of the rules. I can understand the anger it has caused and for that I apologize.

What this set of rules does not do is create a new game. It makes what you have much more playable.

I purposely stayed away from the PD board on Consimworld and Boardgame Geek while I and our group of volunteers worked to get the rules up to snuff. It took a lot longer than I had hoped, but I feel you will be rewarded. I thank Mr. Best and Mr. Nied for their generous help, and our band of players in our online campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vincenty
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek....wondering if you already try the game with the new rules...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Case
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Michael
No, I haven't. It's on my "to do" list. When I get a chance, I'll download and get the new rules and charts printed, and have another crack at it. I'm in the middle of grok-ing another game right now, but I'll move PD 2.0 up to next in line.
This game deserves an updated review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont forget to get the new charts too. Nothing major was wrong with them per the errata but some other things might have slipped through that didnt get caught before he stopped publishing errata and was just working on V2.

I havent played yet either with the new rules, they were hard to get through but I logged 7 games with the old set, it was fun once you got the hang of it. I look forward to giving the new bloodier rules a try, one did seem to amass an unrealistic amount of kills in even just the 1 day scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Harris
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Em dashes
SingleHandedWarfare wrote:
This is the final version.

All that work, and (most of) the would-be em dashes are still double-hyphens?

Was there an editor involved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Here is a very accurate and fair review of the game as played using the Version 2.0 Rules:

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/its-kamikazes-versus-u-s-de...

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.