Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened Blue Moon Legends and had to gripe. The box is much bigger than necessary, and the cards come bulk packed in two baggies without anything in the box to keep the cards separated by faction. Disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brafman wrote:
Just opened Blue Moon Legends and had to gripe. The box is much bigger than necessary, and the cards come bulk packed in two baggies without anything in the box to keep the cards separated by faction. Disappointing.

If that's the only complaint so far, then it sounds like we've got a winner!

I'm excited!

Thanks for the good review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brafman wrote:

This is different from normal how?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a prime game for custom tuckboxes, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's the standard FFG big box? The base game box/insert for Smash Up would be the perfect size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:
So it's the standard FFG big box? The base game box/insert for Smash Up would be the perfect size.

Room for expansions, in my opinion. This game begs for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the average FFG product to me. They always have such pretty inserts that go straight to my trash can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I trash most of FF inserts and I never trash inserts. I'll probably go with a combination foamcore and tuckbox thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the standard FFG "big box" size. So yes, the box is a little big and I too will probably trash the insert.

But that said, I don't care. It's faaaaantastic to see this game reprinted in a form where you can actually get all the cards for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Wheelockian wrote:

Room for expansions, in my opinion. This game begs for them.

By that I assume you mean *more* expansions. This box already contains the original game + every expansion ever made for it, right?

But that begs the question: should we be expecting more expansions? I kind of assumed that the game was "done" years ago and that this is the universe of Blue Moon all in one box. I almost dread the thought of the possibility of more

At any rate, I'm delighted that this game is available again. I sold off my copy long ago and have regretted it for years. Now it's back and all in one box? Outstanding!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually think they should have just put it in a rectangle box like the white card collector boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thor0298 wrote:
I actually think they should have just put it in a rectangle box like the white card collector boxes.

If they did that, the OP would have complained:

The box has no air?! And no separation by faction?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
brafman wrote:

I am glad it is oversized so I can place my original Blue Moon tarot size cards and expansions in the same box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen Glenn wrote:

By that I assume you mean *more* expansions. This box already contains the original game + every expansion ever made for it, right?

But that begs the question: should we be expecting more expansions? I kind of assumed that the game was "done" years ago and that this is the universe of Blue Moon all in one box. I almost dread the thought of the possibility of more

At any rate, I'm delighted that this game is available again. I sold off my copy long ago and have regretted it for years. Now it's back and all in one box? Outstanding!

There's naturally no official word on if more will be made or not. My personal guess is no, the game is complete and there will not be more expansions.

However, if it blows up the sales charts, I'm sure enough money would make Knizia reconsider. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brafman wrote:

You should expect that from Fantasy Flight. This is how all of their LCG's are packaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An idea crossed my mind - once I get Blue Moon Legends I'll try to put everything from it into the Blue Moon City box. Just checked that box and I think it's possible, even with the insert. That would be a triumph of shelf space saving!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lucero
United States
Centennial
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well maybe we can hope for an expansion to be released in a small box and then we can put the whole game into that box instead (it's what I did for Lords of Waterdeep). Of course the standard FFG expansion boxes for their card games are even more useless. If they won't produce a cool box for Netrunner which makes them gobs of money, I'm guessing this is the best we can expect. Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxes (not just FFG of course) are mostly air because box price dictates price. If you want to sell for more (and much of cost, which drives price, isn't directly linked to space) you need a bigger box. Regardless of how full it is.

You may, like me, have game space problems and welcome compact games. But unfortunately that's how the market is, and linked to that is that publishers have a small range of standard box sizes, and retailers like to sell all publisher X's games of a certain size at the same price. At least in the mass market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Christopher, any word on whether we will see future expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen Glenn wrote:
Christopher, any word on whether we will see future expansions?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say, I really have no idea. The reason that's sticking my neck out is it gives you a strong hint that probably no one is currently working on future expansions, and there aren't any sitting on even cyber-shelves ready to go. Not certainly, but probably. (I think I can say a practical certainty on the not ready to go case.) So it reveals a little bit of information. And FFG prefer it when I don't do that. But had I played the "no comment" card, or ignored the question, that would have been a strong but false hint, which would be worse.

There's a great liberation in not knowing, and it being known that you don't know. I could speculate away. But all speculation would be built on sand - how many sales will be needed before anyone even considers this question? What's the contract between Reiner Knizia, Kosmos, and Fantasy Flight Games (no, I don't know, and no, I wouldn't ask). Who would then be involved in design? Who actually realises how much work even one deck takes?

And believe it or not, let's suppose someone did say "how about 1/2/4 more decks?". What would be the first game design (as opposed to contractual) question? It would be about theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
That's the best "no" I've ever read. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took this pic earlier today and it seemed relevant...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bates

Flower Mound
Texas
msg tools
As a game designer, that is a very sad image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MadCarthos2 wrote:

I think he's suggesting those are empty boxes. I really hope so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
MadCarthos2 wrote:

I think he's suggesting those are empty boxes. I really hope so.

I thought he's saying the game is so good he doesn't need those other games (and promptly takes them back out of the container after the photograph)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.