Subject: Bajoran Interceptor 5 preview is up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-bajoran-intercept...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Townsend
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
A legit swarm ship. And lots of interesting op possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Ray

Memphis
Tennessee
msg tools
Test
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone notice the text from Maneuverability? Looks like this ship might come with the Full About template!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite sure what to make of it.

7 captain is quite nice. Interesting ability as well. -1 attack die if you are within range 1 of a planet of obstacle. Works nice with the 3 ship agility.

Maneuverability (the tech upgrade) is quite interesting. You can actually maneuver your ship ONTO the planet token and still take actions. You also have the option to do a full about maneuver (180 turn, not come about maneuver). And you get a +1 defense die from it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interceptor 5
Kira Nerys 5
Blockade
Day Kannu
Li Nalas

4x Generic Interceptor w/ Generic Captain and Phaser Strike

98 points

That's a 20 die (or 12 TLed and 3 not) alpha strike at CS 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Interceptor 5
Kira Nerys 5
Blockade
Day Kannu
Li Nalas

98 points

Interceptor 5 only has 1 crew slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link.

Bajoran Captain Level 7!?....

Does nothing annoy your Chakotay!?...

Warp Drive Refit is a nice touch.

Tactical Cube tomorrow.... PLEASE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Echo2Omega wrote:

Interceptor 5 only has 1 crew slot.

You are correct, but I also forgot to put Phaser Strike on Kira's ship anyway. So drop Li Nalas and add in the Strike for a perfect 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wish the "Roll dice against any minefield" was standard for the class and not just the named.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
Zinvictus wrote:
I wish the "Roll dice against any minefield" was standard for the class and not just the named.

Well at this point we don't know that it's not. Unlikely but we don;t know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had a thought, so does the Generic cost the same 16 points since they have only stripped a single shield off the Generic ships released so far and called it 2 points less with no passive ability....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Dole
msg tools
MaximumDT wrote:
I just had a thought, so does the Generic cost the same 16 points since they have only stripped a single shield off the Generic ships released so far and called it 2 points less with no passive ability....

It will, assuming it's the same as the Praetus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sax Carr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some big clunky ships that "Maneuverability" will be well worth 11 points on.

Even Voyager, which is already pretty dancy could enjoy a full about maneuver and the ability to sit on planet tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Man, the creators of this game were way too nice to Bajorans.

That being said. I'll quit whining shortly and promptly play this when it comes out. Wow it gets some neat cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

That being said. I'll quit whining shortly and promptly play this when it comes out. Wow it gets some neat cards

It's a sort of weird thing where the point system is actually what's being nice. This ship gets trashed one-on-one by almost anything that exists contemporaneously with it; it's good in high numbers, but you can compensate for that in real Trek by fielding more ships than you can in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they did a great job representing the Bajoran freedom fighter/insurgency history.

Lenaris Holem - Always a sneaky chance to get away
Hazar - May not be the biggest ship, but use what you can to your advantage
Neela - Total sabotage plot right there
Militia - Neat addition

I really dig it. Makes me wonder what the Val Jean will do and how a contingent of Bajoran Fighters + Val Jean against some Cardassians will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of odd that for the first commercially available Bajoran ship, they have two relatively obscure captains and the same with crew. Also, one of the captains is a 7, above the 5 Kira in the OP ship? And above The Sisko!?!?

I'm guessing the next Bajoran ship will have Kira, but why not release that one first then?

Really digging the ship itself though, it feels like an atmospheric fighter that can weave in and out of planets to fight the enemy guerilla-style. Very Bajoran.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking I should just give WizKids the login information to my bank account so they can just take my money directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

Yes, they were so nice to them that they gave them an 18 and a 16 point ship.

Quote:
Kind of odd that for the first commercially available Bajoran ship, they have two relatively obscure captains and the same with crew. Also, one of the captains is a 7, above the 5 Kira in the OP ship? And above The Sisko!?!?

I'm guessing the next Bajoran ship will have Kira, but why not release that one first then?

Really digging the ship itself though, it feels like an atmospheric fighter that can weave in and out of planets to fight the enemy guerilla-style. Very Bajoran.

Well, there all ready were 2 Kira's, one of whom was commercially available. And she is Bajoran factioned, even if she was in a Federation pack.

Neela is probably the least obscure. Believe she was the one who Winn hired to assassinate Vedek Bareil at the end of season 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting 4 minimum and a 5th may happen.

If this ship can't swarm, nothing will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
Interceptor 5
Kira Nerys 5
Blockade
Day Kannu
Li Nalas

98 points

You seem to be assuming the Generic Inerceptor will cost 14 points. Experience with the praetus would indicate it will still be 16.

On the bright side, since the Weapon and Techs are not unique, but the crew are, I'm going to optimistically assume that the generic has a Tech and Weapon slot, making this one of the best tech/missile-boats available (good bye Gr'oth and Somraw!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
Church14 wrote:

Yes, they were so nice to them that they gave them an 18 and a 16 point ship.

Quote:

Well, there all ready were 2 Kira's, one of whom was commercially available. And she is Bajoran factioned, even if she was in a Federation pack.

Neela is probably the least obscure. Believe she was the one who Winn hired to assassinate Vedek Bareil at the end of season 1.

You're right about Neela, I thought she looked familiar. If there are already too many Kiras (though look at all the Worfs running around!) how about Odo? He was part of the Bajoran militia. Or Shakaar? I guess we'll see them in the next ship.

Ro Laren might have sort of fit, but I'm guessing she'll be in the Val Jean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
You seem to be assuming the Generic Inerceptor will cost 14 points. Experience with the praetus would indicate it will still be 16.

On the bright side, since the Weapon and Techs are not unique, but the crew are, I'm going to optimistically assume that the generic has a Tech and Weapon slot, making this one of the best tech/missile-boats available (good bye Gr'oth and Somraw!)

I'm being optimistic; I'm not sure I see this working as a 4x swarm build. Besides, the ship seems explicitly designed to swarm; my hope is that they'd allow as many as possible in a fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really excited when I read phaser strike...a fleet attack at CS10 is just what a swarm needs...then I realized it took an action...Still strong, but not nearly as much.

That makes dropping things like Blockade, DCO, and Kira near impossible while also getting the skill boost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.