Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Mainka
Montenegro
Podgorica
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi fellow board gamers,

My name is Damian and I am 27 years old. Me and my wife love playing board games, but our friends here in Moscow only like to play very casual games (like Carcasonne and party games).

So we are searching for an English (or German ) gaming group in Moscow. If there is no active group, maybe we could find people who are interested in creating a gaming group?

Kind regards,
Damian

PS: Our Russian is quite bad, so we can't join any Russian group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice would be to find an English-speaking club (not one organized by religious organizations or such: usually good ones are set up in universities or libraries -- ask away) and offer them to play board games after they get acquainted with you (not on the first club session!).

Most libraries have Foreign Languages departments, and most departments have frequenters, especially among the somewhat geeky students.

Boggle, Eat Poop You Cat, Rory's Story Cubes and home-rule Scrabble will work quite well, just as most games with little to no necessary text. Pay attention to their language level: if a language-heavy game is coming, better keep a Russian copy of rules just in case (feel free to ask away here, we'll help find them).

Be ready to assemble an English-to-Russian cheatsheet for the games you like, and they will learn the terms faster than Poker newbies!

Another good piece of advice would be to ask in the Russian language guild (see "Все сюда" forum topic in this BGG subforum). You can ask in Russian or in English. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Max
msg tools
mb
Hello, Damian! I'm Max. Me and my wife love playing boardgames too. My english not good but english of my wife is very good.

We like to play in different games such as: Agricola, King of Tokyo, Battlesatsr Galactica, Ticket to ride, Dixit, 7 wonders.

Would you like to join us?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Marshankin
Russia
Moscow
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!
I'm not sure if this thread is still alive and kicking, but I'm interested in joining an english-speaking group.

English is a foreign language for me, I'm russian... But I try to practice as much as possible. And a game night seems like a perfect opportunity.

So if you managed to form a regular "club" - please let me know if I can join you every now and then. Would be happy to meet and play!

Don't like "fun-party-games". Alias, Activity and all that stuff.
More into Dominion, Ticket 2 Ride, Russian Railroads, Pandemic, Agricola, etc.

OK with Twilight Imperium, but prefer something with less downtime

Feel free to PM me if your club is a secret one ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lawson
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And just in case you need "that last guy" to get the group up and running I can try to be that guy my English is descent, I have some games in English and would be happy to help out a fellow geek satisfying his/her urge to gaming in Moscow!
So feel free to PM if you want me in!
Cheers,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Ryabov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I and my friends are all English speakers - you and your wife can join us or we can gathet somewhere in Moscow
as well if you have account in vkontakte I can advise you club of not casual boardgamers who gather every weekend - you can join them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in this subject as well. I'm not a native speaker, but my English is fine. I don't have a gaming group yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Metreveli
Sweden
Stockholm
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is looking for a gaming group in the South Western district (Akademicheskaya, Tulskaya metro stations) you can join ours. We're not native speakers, but quite fluent in English. Most of our games are in English or German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valter Junior
msg tools
mbmb
Hey, i just move to Moscow, Are you playing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Metreveli
Sweden
Stockholm
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kellpho wrote:
Hey, i just move to Moscow, Are you playing something?

Sure, just send me PM for more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex The Great
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello!

We have a group of players playing Twilight Imperium in Moscow.
It will be very interesting to meet someone English-speaking to play with us.
Feel free to PM me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilya Kudryashov
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a wargame club in center of city - Arbatskaya metro station
guys fight mostly in GMT hard games
and they speak english of course
if you need contacts, write me in mailbox, I'll send you the phone number and email

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Metreveli
Sweden
Stockholm
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for two English speaking gamers to join us for playing Witness
We live near Akademicheskaya, Leninsky Prospekt and Tulskaya metro stations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Goldman
Russia
California
flag msg tools
We are Russian couple 27 y.o. in Moscow. We both speak English fluently. We own a lot of games in English and always open for a fresh new games to discover.

I also play more Hardcore games like MTG and Warhammer tabletop.

If you want to play on weekend - drop me an email.
jassymaki (at) gmail.com

Best regards,
Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Nazarov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, guys and gals.

I'm sort of new to the hobby and don't really have a serious gaming group, so I'm looking for new people to play with. My English is pretty decent, or so I like to think. Can also host gaming sessions at my place (Western Administrative Okrug).

All of my games are listed in my BGG collection, though it's not very big and mostly consists of lighter games. Would love to play Terra Mystica or Lords of Waterdeep (from the ones I own). Also wanna try something from the heavier(ish) end of the spectrum, like Keyflower or Agricola.

That's about it, if anyone's interested let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Joliot
Russia
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I am 36, french, fluent in russian and liv8ng in Moscow. Searching for people in Msk sharing the same interests. Sad there is not much activity in here. Any other forums to discuss and meet people?

I am no addict of a lot of boardgames...more of a tabletop rpg player from childhood... and i am kinda obsessed with the post apocalyptic thematics.

I have all zombicide seasons (well purchased more for the content and the pleasure to paint minis...but we play it once in a while)... backed a lot of ks over the last year which i try to integrate in a whole setup mixing rpg with tactical skirmish scenarios.

As said before played rpgs from childhood from lotr,warhammer,some scifi.... to my beloved 7th sea which occupied my student years for many nights...)... had a elvish army in warhammer battles which is probably somewhere at my parents in a stoeage box in the cellar...

Another question i had, do you have trouble with shipment to Russia when you are purchasing sthg abroad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, really regretting not living in Moscow right now. 7th Sea is an awesome RPG!

Shipping games to Russia is VERY expensive -- sometimes it doubles the price of the game. Every purchase should be considered carefully, for me at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Metreveli
Sweden
Stockholm
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreian wrote:

Another question i had, do you have trouble with shipment to Russia when you are purchasing sthg abroad?

Hi, you could join the igroved forum, I usually join some collective orders there, we just split the shipping cost according to the weight. Or order from amazon.de, the shipping from German amazon is much cheaper than from the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Noël Rivasseau
France
Bures sur Yvette
Essonne
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

We're a couple, I am French (fluent in Russian and English), my wife is Russian (fluent in French, decent English). We live near Semenovskaia.
I am definitely a board game geek, own tons of games dating back to Stellar Conquest (old Avalon Hill game), and all the way to Pandemic Legacy and newer stuff. I love to play monster games taking 8hours+ (but can play anything), my wife will gladly play shorter / easier board games like Agricola, Cosmic Encounter, etc.

We would be glad to join a gaming group in Moscow!

Jean-Noel

PS: and I buy all my games in France and carry them over to Russia by plane myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Joliot
Russia
flag msg tools
Haha.. i know the plane issue. I had to take an extra lugguage this summer due to incompatibility between too much board game stuff and... wine, cheese...

Have a trip planned in November... hope i am getting some new ks delivered in time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

My wife and I recently moved to Moscow and we're keen to get playing the board games which took up so much of our suitcase space.

My collection and ratings indicate the kind of stuff I'm keen on. But to summarize here, I particularly like deal-making and double-crossing: Cosmic Encounter is my favourite game (and my wife's too), and we both also like these elements in nuanced economic games like Chicago Express.

I also love classic and classic-style Euros with short rulebooks but plenty of depth: think Carcassonne and Kingdom Builder. Card combo games - like Race for the Galaxy and Innovation - are also a passion for me, though this is a genre where I want to play a few games repeatedly to feel able to distinguish good play from bad.

I'm not generally a fan of the kind of games that get called Ameritrash.

Not all of the games listed in my collection have made it to Moscow at this point (though most have, a lot being small-box card games).

My level of Russian is respectable (probably Upper-Intermediate) but I'd be looking for a game group where English is used, because I'm not at a point where I'd feel able to give clear rules explanations in Russian. My wife is Russian with proficiency level English.

We live pretty centrally, and are willing to host. If you're interested in meeting sometime - whether you live here, or you're browsing this forum because you're passing through Moscow - I look forward to hearing from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Nazarov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark, I don't have a game group but if you need an extra player I'm up for it (in particular would love to try CE ). Can also host or bring anything from my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hem Hemux
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any french or english languages speaking group organizing some games today or tomorrow in central moscow? Will be near kitay gorod and will try maybe a Mosigra, but if I can find the time to play 1 or 2 games with nice bgg users?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Goulyaev
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play each week, 10 minutes from Khovrino metro station.
Around 150+ different board games.
Many people in our club Igrozone speak English.
Welcome!
Randommaps@ya.ru

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Vasilyev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
Hi everyone!
Me with my wife have just returned
from studying English overseas and wish
to continue practice it during playing boardgames! We will be glad to join or host a group of 4-5 people. Send me a message if somebody will be interested. We prefer medium-heavy games and not really keen on party games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.