Pocket Odyssey» Forums » News

Subject: Stretch Goal #8- Gamers Choice- Stretch Goal Character Power Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Sato

Missouri
msg tools
designer
For stretch goal #8, we are releasing 3 power cards, each card relates to one of the first three unlocked characters, namely the Beast Rider, the Brawler and the Dryad. It is again up to you, the future players of Pocket Odyssey to decide what the final version of each power card will be. Let the voting begin!

(Beast Rider) Charge
Option 1: The player may move twice their normal movement as a free action.

Option 2:
The player may move their normal move distance and attack at any time during that move.
Poll: Beast Rider Power Card
Which should the Charge power card do?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Option 1: Lots of movement!
16.2% 16
Option 2: Attack on the move!
83.8% 83
Voters 99
This poll is now closed.   99 answers
Poll created by MrGameDesign
Closes: Sun May 18, 2014 6:00 am

(Brawler) Flurry of Blows
Option 1: Roll the die 5 times, subtract a defensive point for each 4, 5 or 6 rolled. This attack cannot kill a monster unless all 5 rolls are 4 and up, if so the monster is automatically wounded once.

Option 2: Till the end of your next turn, when someone targets you with a melee attack, you can melee attack them before they strike.
Poll: Brawler Power Card
What should the Flurry of Blows power card do?
Option 1: Lots of defensive point damage!
32.0% 31
Option 2: Counter attacks!
68.0% 66
Voters 97
This poll is now closed.   97 answers

(Dryad) Entrapping Spores
Option 1: A ranged spell that creates a burst of spores, half the size of a map tile (standard burst size). These spores entangle all within it. A creature that starts its turn in the burst must roll a 4 or higher or is immobile; creatures only move half their normal speed while walking through the burst.

Option 2:
A burst of spores surrounds the caster; the burst is half the size of a map tile. The spores cloud the area making it impossible to see, however they attack all enemies within the zone lighting up and illuminating them, they don’t do damage when they attack, but they make them visible to the heroes.
Poll: Dryad Power Card
What should the Entrapping Spores power card do?
Option 1: Entangling spores!
72.2% 70
Option 2: Obscuring spores!
27.8% 27
Voters 97
This poll is now closed.   97 answers

*note that these are normal power cards and can be used for any character not just the three above, they are just themed for their characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer option 2 for the Furry of Blows. I want skills to be as simple as possible and lots of dice rolling isn't what I like. I'm just wondering if you can change the name of the skill. Why not call it Counter Attack, instead of Furry of Blows? Actually, it's not even a counter attack but a pre-emptive strike or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Lee
United States
Forest Hills
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_vinman wrote:
I prefer option 2 for the Furry of Blows. I want skills to be as simple as possible and lots of dice rolling isn't what I like. I'm just wondering if you can change the name of the skill. Why not call it Counter Attack, instead of Furry of Blows? Actually, it's not even a counter attack but a pre-emptive strike or something.

I second the the_vinman. "Flurry of Blows" was a tough choice, so I didn't vote for either: the first option seems kinda overly complicated while option 2 doesn't fit the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Bristol
United States
BEDFORD
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like counterattacking better, but I picked the first option because it was more appropriate for the name of the skill. If the skill name can be changed, I would prefer the counterattack option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.